PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Arctic fox breeders in Florida?

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

w0lfygirl

Arctic fox breeders in Florida?

Postby w0lfygirl » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm not looking to buy a fox, but I have reason to believe that there is a poor fox being illegally kept. It's still young, but old enough to be on a leash. I'm trying to contact the breeder in case I'm wrong. The owner said their living situation is going to change and that it will be better for the fox but I'm not convinced. I'd like to ask the breeder if they know anything about it because I'm really worried for the kit, and maybe I'm wrong.
The smallest things in life can make the biggest changes, even when we don't realize it.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Arctic fox breeders in Florida?

Postby Ash » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Arctic foxes are legal in Florida with a permit. And aside from two cities that were grandfathered in, state law always trumps local laws which means they're legal statewide. But if they do not have the permit, it would be illegal. They have to have an enclosure that is certain dimensions in order to get the permit.

What makes you think it's being illegally kept, out of curiosity?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
w0lfygirl

Re: Arctic fox breeders in Florida?

Postby w0lfygirl » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:11 pm

They're keeping it in an apartment, hidden from their landlord. They gave it it's own room but that's certainly not enough for the poor pup. I also have suspicions that they might have either bought it from a 'bad owner' or may be one. I saw a post in that same city on a website about an arctic, same age, about 5 months, that they wanted to sell because it was 'too nippy'.
The smallest things in life can make the biggest changes, even when we don't realize it.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”