PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Missouri/Kansas Shadow Arctic Breeders?

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

KingBells

Missouri/Kansas Shadow Arctic Breeders?

Postby KingBells » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Does anyone know, or could recommend, a good breeder of Shadow Arctics in the Missouri or Kansas area (or nearby states?)

I'd like to get a pair of four week old kits next breeding season to hand-rear. Tiny Tracks is on my list but I'm hoping to find someone a little closer.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missouri/Kansas Shadow Arctic Breeders?

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:33 pm

I believe Tiny Tracks may be the only one who has the shadows. Unless someone has bought a pair off of him already and is breeding, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Hope you can find somebody. Even if you go with Dave though and have to drive to Indiana, his foxes are worth every penny.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
KingBells

Postby KingBells » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:54 am

I've been eyeballing his breeding stock the last couple of days and they look beautiful and healthy. Does Tiny Tracks sell bottle-raisable pups? I'll be using the Fox Valley formula. I have plenty of bottle experience from raising orphaned squirrels - every two hours, around the clock, for weeks, hoo boy it was an experience.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:01 pm

KingBells wrote:I've been eyeballing his breeding stock the last couple of days and they look beautiful and healthy. Does Tiny Tracks sell bottle-raisable pups? I'll be using the Fox Valley formula. I have plenty of bottle experience from raising orphaned squirrels - every two hours, around the clock, for weeks, hoo boy it was an experience.

I'm sure if you spoke to him over the phone and told him your experience level, it is likely he would make an exception for you. Never hurts to ask.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
KingBells

Postby KingBells » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:49 pm

It's not so big of an issue that I MUST bottle-raise the babies, just something I would like to do for the bonding experience. I really enjoyed bottle-feeding the baby squirrels, they had to stay 'wild' in order to be released the following spring so no snuggling or bonding but it was still a lot of (sleep deprived) fun. I'm finalizing plans for the outdoor kennel this week so I think I'll give Tiny Tracks a call next week just to see what he says.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:16 pm

To be honest, you don't need to bottle-feed in order to bond with your baby. Both of my foxes came from Tiny Tracks, and I did not bottle-feed either. You will get the same results regardless of whether you continue the bottle-feeding or just keep them on the formula and put it in a bowl. But to each his own. Some people like the experience. I personally think: I don't get enough sleep as it is! lol

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”