PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

New group for exotic feline husbandry and trade

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

exoticcats

New group for exotic feline husbandry and trade

Postby exoticcats » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:55 pm

Here is a new group about exotic felids (all animals of the Felidae family except for domestic cats and their hybrids). You can discuss everything related to ownership/husbandry in this group, as well as trade animals or look for contacts. The group is international and open to members from all over the world.

You will only be admitted into the group if you own or work with exotic felids (or have done so in the past) and are able to prove it. People without a such background can also be admitted, as long as they show serious and legitimate interest in the matter and are sponsored by at least one current member.

ATTENTION: Every applicant receives a message from me asking about his/her qualification for membership, unless I see immediately that you are eligible. Please check the "other messages" or "message requests" tab of your inbox - my inquiry might be stuck there. People who don't respond to it are not admitted into the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/685555124913071/

By the way: Can I cross-post this into the other relevant categories (small and large cats), please?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New group for exotic feline husbandry and trade

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Looks like a good idea. Hopefully you'll get a bunch of cat owners to hop on and it can be a good resource. Share some of the articles on snow leopards there too. Would be nice to have a group with lots of cat info from big cat owners.

Oh! I remember TamanduaGirl mentioning this group as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/538961806142861/. Check that one out and invite some members--you can get big cat owners from there who may want to help you in your group too, maybe even admin.

I think the more groups out there, the better.

I worked around (note the word "around") a bobcat before. I petted him a few times, cleaned up, fed him--but I would certainly not say I have experience with bobcats. But I do want exotic cats in the future, like servals, caracals, sandcats.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
exoticcats

Postby exoticcats » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:12 pm

The group has A LOT of cat owners already, and we have quite a few big cat for sale ads as well (along with some hyena ads, LOL). The co-founder (who keeps a nice collection of big and small cats himself) invited lots of "high-caliber" owners and breeders.
The member count might look small, but keep in mind that I screen every applicant by hand and the admission criteria are applied strictly. Every single member you see in the group is either a current, past, or aspiring owner, or handler, or otherwise has a very serious interest (like me).

I already sent a join request to the group you mentioned (I simply looked for Facebook groups that had "exotic cat", "exotic pet", "exotic mammal" or "exotic animal" in their name and if some of my Facebook friends (i. e. cat owners) were in there, I sent a join request).
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:16 pm

exoticcats wrote:The group has A LOT of cat owners already, and we have quite a few big cat for sale ads as well (along with some hyena ads, LOL). The co-founder (who keeps a nice collection of big and small cats himself) invited lots of "high-caliber" owners and breeders.
The member count might look small, but keep in mind that I screen every applicant by hand and the admission criteria are applied strictly. Every single member you see in the group is either a current, past, or aspiring owner, or handler, or otherwise has a very serious interest (like me).

I already sent a join request to the group you mentioned (I simply looked for Facebook groups that had "exotic cat", "exotic pet", "exotic mammal" or "exotic animal" in their name and if some of my Facebook friends (i. e. cat owners) were in there, I sent a join request).

That's great. I like that you're being selective. Hopefully it ensures that you won't get any flakes, lol. ;) Don't know if you'd want me there or not, but I'd like to send in a request. I don't want anything huge, but the smaller exotic cats are very fascinating to me. And hyena ads? lol. Hyenas are my favs, lol.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm happy to hear it was cofounded with a current owner. It helps he had connections to get other owners there as well. That makes it a great resource.
exoticcats

Postby exoticcats » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 am

Thanks for the compliments! Can I cross-post it into the other relevant sub-forums (large and small cats), so that people looking for cat info will see the group as well?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Yeah I forgot about that. We don't have any breeders of them here so that's a better place anyway.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”