PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

International Zoo Services (Zoo Surplus broker)

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

International Zoo Services (Zoo Surplus broker)

Postby caninesrock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:15 am

http://www.zoo-services.com/index.php/f ... ified/0/24

If this site is legit and not a scam, I am so happy. They have many interesting species. Since these are zoo surplus animals, they are obviously not pet quality but they might be able to be used as breeders to make future pets.

So highlights to me include:
Harbor Seal

European Wild Cat

Tayra

Eurasian Otter

Patagonian Sea Lion

Small-clawed Otters

Asiatic Black Bear

Yellow Mongoose (though would have to get invasive species permit ,so not really available to most people in the US I guess)

Jungle Cat

Spotted-Necked Otter

Spotted Seal

Spotted Hyena

Cacomistle

Binturong

Meerkat (but again, sadly not legal here without invasive species permit that is super hard to get and not given for pets )

Banded Mongoose (not sure if they are a banned type of mongoose or not)

North American Otter

Blotched Genet (very interesting looking genet species that looks different from the ones bred by pet breeders)

Madagascar Flying Fox ( I think bats are federally banned as pets though, but not sure.)

Short-tailed Bat (same as above)

Egyptian Fruit Bat(same)

Cape Clawless Otter

Blue duiker

Lesser Mouse Lemur

Corsac Fox

Maned Wolf

Eurasian Gray Wolf

Grey Wolf (I guess they don't know the subspecies or its a mixed subspecies)

Dingo

Side-striped Jackal

Pudu

Hunting Dog (African Wild Dog)

Asiatic Wild Dog (Dhole) (sadly considered an invasive species, so not allowed as pets and I'm not even sure it would be allowed for import since its coming from Europe)

Black-backed Jackal

Mackenzie Valley Wolf

Coyote

Asiatic Jackal (Golden Jackal)

American Black Bear

Brown Bear

Grizzly Bear

Kamchatka Bear

Striped Hyena

Grey Seal

South American Fur Seal

There's actually much more but those are some of the animals that stood out to me. They also had lots of big cats like white tigers, bengal tigers, black jaguars and more, tons of birds and reptiles, lots of deer species, various primates, and probably even more pages that I'm missing. All together there are 9 pages of 214 mammals for sale. There's 33 pages total of all species though and many of the other pages are filled with birds and reptiles. They also had common animals like arctic fox, fennec fox, and coatis, but since those can already be found from pet breeders, I didn't think it was worth giving them much of a mention. Oh, and they had Tamanduas if you want a another one, TG. :lol:

They get their surplus from all different countries from countries in Europe to North America to the Carribeans to Africa and everywhere in between. I'm not sure if they ship though or if they will only sell the animals in the countries where they are surplus. If they are legit and ship, this site would be totally awesome for anyone either looking to start a breeding program for a new exotic pet or trying to collect animals for a private zoo.

I hope this site is still around if/when I ever get the money to make my dream of starting my own zoo come true. It will be a great place to get animals from. :piggy:
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
KKM

Re: International Zoo Services (Zoo Surplus broker)

Postby KKM » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 pm

You have to be or be affiliated with a public zoo to even become a member of the website, so I feel like it's legitimate.
1.2 rabbits
0.1 campbell's dwarf hamster
1.0 dog
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Oh. I didn't know that. I guess that leaves out buying them for pet breeders then. :/ But maybe you could get them for your own zoo is if you own a private zoo. By private I just mean non-AZA. I don't like to use the term roadside zoo since it bring up images of mistreated animals in tiny cages in most people's mind. I prefer to use the term private zoo instead but I do mean a zoo that's open to the public, but just not accredited or city or state funded. Btw, can you sign up with a private zoo or do you have to be accredited like by AZA or EAZA or other similar organizations?

Edit: I just went to the registration page and one of the option was for Private Animal Breeding Farm and one for Animal Supplier as well, so you don't have to own a zoo to get them, just some sort of animal business.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:25 pm

It is legitimate, but as said, isn't allowed for outsiders.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:12 pm

There's always the option to go through a broker. I don't know any other brokers at the moment other than Ken's Exotics though and according to his site, he is apparently no longer in the business, which is really ashame since he was the best place I knew to get dingoes and jackals from in the US. Brokers are allowed to join the site and purchase animals, so you could hire one that would be willing to do so and then just buy the animal off of the broker. I might do that to get some golden jackals off of this site in the (distant) future when/if I open up my canine education facility. I might also get dingoes from this site if I can't find any available in the US anymore now that Ken isn't in business.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Any of the importers are licensed as brokers.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:21 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Any of the importers are licensed as brokers.

I know the guy that imports the domestic foxes then but I forgot his name. I think its listed on the domestic fox site though.

Also, I just remembered CJ Exotics, but I'm not sure if he imports as well or just brokers.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:26 pm

CJ brokers for the importers as most don't like dealing with the public but if you contact one and are serious they will normally work with you.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:28 pm

I can't seem to find CJ's site anymore. Maybe he's no longer in business either. :/

I did manage to find these two broker/importers though:
https://lkalmanson.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=26
I know he's legit because he's the one who Kay worked with to get the Russian domestic foxes imported to the US.

And then there's this importer which I don't know anything about:
http://gremlinfarms.com/exotic-animals-broker/

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:41 pm

http://www.worldexoticsinc.com/

But he's super busy so I'd not contact him unless you are ready and serious. Also my experience is they are all kinda hard to deal with in that it can be really slow to get something imported and they don't communicate well or in a timely way. Just so you don't go into it expecting supper customer service. They get the job done though though it can take a lot of time due to cites limits and such, even if a species isn't cites listed cites has limits on how many can come out of a country from the wild, why I had such long waits when importing tamandua but they did not explain to me that's why just something I learned eventually.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks. I was looking for CJ Exotics as the site. I didn't know his site was called something different. I don't plan to actually contact anyone until I'm actually planning on getting animals, but I just like to have people in mind for the future and hope they aren't retired or quit the business by the time I'm ready to get my animals.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:44 pm

No that's not CJ just another importer. CJ often brokers for World though. Oh here you go it's CJG http://www.cjgexotics.com/

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”