PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Uk based Silver or Corsac fox??

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Avocado87

Uk based Silver or Corsac fox??

Postby Avocado87 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but noticed someone post something similar earlier this year.

Does anybody know of any breeders in the UK for Silver or Corsac foxes in the UK?

I have been searching for a silver fox (personal preference) for some time now, yet I'm struggling to find one.
If none are available I would also take on board a Corsac, however even those I've found difficult to come by.

Funny though because there seems to be Fennec foxes advertised rather frequently! :shrug:

Occasionally there are adverts offering more mature silvers which I have responded to in the past months.
But they have already found new homes by the time I reply..so hoping anybody can help here?
Be the change you wish to see in the world
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Uk based Silver or Corsac fox??

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Hm... Have you tried contacting the sellers and asking them where they got their foxes from? We used to have people in the UK who knew breeders, but it seems it has gotten fewer and fewer.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Avocado87

Postby Avocado87 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Hey. Thanks for the response Ash,
I have contacted a couple via text but received no reply bar one just stating "over the net" which I assume they meant online, when I asked if they could provide further details again I got radio silence. Perhaps I should have phoned instead but some adverts are dated a while back too.

Understand that new litters wouldn't be around until spring next year however would have been flexible on age to an extent if the oppertunity arose through my searches. But thought either way I'd still reach out to find contacts/breeders now to know who is planning litters for 2018 so I am aware sooner rather than later as I don't want to miss the chance when the time is near otherwise with my bleak search results I may still be non the wiser by then too.

In a sense I'm glad there's not lots of breeders for the benefit of the species. Just wish I knew some of the few as feel like I'm going round in a revolving door in my search :lol:
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Black Foxes UK seems to know of breeders.
http://www.blackfoxes.co.uk/

Worth contacting them and asking.

There are also UK fox owners in the Pet Fox groups on Facebook. Could post there and ask about breeders.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Avocado87

Postby Avocado87 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 am

Thank you Peaceful ward,
I have visited blackfoxes.com when further researching about silver foxes, very interesting content on there and lots of good information. But I didn't see any mention of breeders, perhaps I overlooked, contacting them is a good shout thanks.

Had not considered Facebook as I don't use social media, useless with it tbh but may be worth setting an account. Even if there's no knowledge of breeders gained it would be good to have fox owners to interact with. Thanks again! :)
Katalyst

Postby Katalyst » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 pm

I have a pairing planned between two of my vulpes vulpes. I've got a waiting list and will be matching cubs to homes as much as possible rather than just selling to whoever waves money at me.
I put a thread in the classifieds section of this forum detailing everything.
I'm located in Bucks, UK.
Red foxes, skunks, tanuki and domestic dogs.
Diet geek.

https://kaiswayridgefoxes.com
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 pm

I totally forgot you were in the UK, Katalyst, otherwise I would have mentioned you!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Avocado87

Postby Avocado87 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:49 am

Katalyst wrote:I have a pairing planned between two of my vulpes vulpes. I've got a waiting list and will be matching cubs to homes as much as possible rather than just selling to whoever waves money at me.
I put a thread in the classifieds section of this forum detailing everything.
I'm located in Bucks, UK.

Hey Katalyst,
I did discover your advert listed and was 100% sure I sent you a follow up PM along with one other member,
yet I have just checked my sent folder and it says it is empty, wonder if I did something wrong -
I'm quite useless with tech so wouldn't surprise me!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Try using the email feature instead.
Avocado87

Postby Avocado87 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Try using the email feature instead.

I didn't realise that was an option until you mentioned it - appreciate that thank you :)
Katalyst

Postby Katalyst » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:45 am

Hi Avocado87,
I'm not very good at checking in here too regularly truth be told and I find the mobile version of the site glitchy and inclined to not give me notifications (or let me upload photos!)
Please feel free to drop me a private message here today or an email.
I'm not sure if I'm permitted to put an email address on this thread?
If a moderator approves, I will pop an email contact address on here later but I don't want to break any rules.
Diet geek.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 pm

Yes, an email will be okay in this case.
Katalyst

Postby Katalyst » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank you TamanduaGirl!

Canidaekat@outlook.com is the best way to contact me.

Many thanks.
Diet geek.

Avocado87

Postby Avocado87 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 am

Thank you for providing your email Katalyst, I shall send you an email this evening. Really appreciate it!
Katalyst

Postby Katalyst » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Avocado87 wrote:Thank you for providing your email Katalyst, I shall send you an email this evening. Really appreciate it!

Received and replied. Thank you for taking the time to send me such a detailed email.
I'm so excited by this planned breeding. I've got some incredible homes lined up!
Diet geek.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”