Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

RED FOX (all color variations),GREY FOX, & SWIFT FOX

Postby dinnka » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 am

I am a USDA and ODNR licensed breeder of
- Red fox (color variations, red, silver, marble, cross, pearl ect)
- North American Grey Fox
- Prairie Swift fox

I have been working with exotic animals for going on 15 yrs now and have been head curator/trainer of a private zoological park in the past for 8 yrs.
I have raised and trained (through the zoological park) everything from big cats such as lions, tigers, leopards and cougars..bears, primates such as capuchin monkeys, baboons and marmosets.. I have worked with animals such as deer, camels, zebra, kinkajous, binturoungs and many more..My passion are my animals and the memories of animals I have raised, trained in the past.

My love is for all animals but i am partial to the fox.. I take pride in the care I give my animals and their happiness and well-being. We provide wonderful enrichment for all our animals and a well balanced nutritional diet. We also have other animals such as Siberian lynx cat, bobcat, sulcatta tortoise (75lbs) alligator, mini horse, mini pig (well not so mini :lol: ) babydoll mini sheep 9again not so mini..lol) and many others as well as many dogs (rescued different variety of breeds and we raise Clumber Spaniels)..Just thought i would give a little background and info on who we are.

now about our fox kits;
we pull all kits around 7-10 days old and bottle raise in the house with us where they will have constant human interaction. Our fox will be wormed and first and depending on age when sold 2nd set of vaccines. We also provide a small care booklet that will walk you through each stage of your fox's life from what is safe and what is not safe to give as far as food, toys and vaccines/meds..it will also explain training tips, what the different sounds the fox makes mean, proper housing and socialization methods..this booklet was written by me and what has worked for me over the past 15 yrs of working with fox. I am also available before the sale of my kits and anytime after the fact for any questions you may have (even if you did not purchase a kit from me and have questions feel free to call or email)..I am available 24/7 with any emergencies that may arise concerning our kits, throughout the life of the fox.

You will get a 100% honest dealing with me, I do not try to hide the negatives just to promote the positive of being owned by a fox (or any exotic for that matter), I believe honesty is the key to the animals potential outcome in life.
We do ship kits, we will not ship animals older than 6 months of age.Shipping is through Continental airlines only (no delta dash or any other airline), shipping price is in addition to price of animal.
due to the fact that so many people purchase animals on impulse without doing the proper research and many breeders sell without knowledge of the animals future we DO require a phone interview prior to the purchase of any of our kits, we would like to make sure the person truly understands what all is involved with having a fox (or any exotic). Due to past issues we are thinking about having purchase applications for buyer to fill out and may require vet reference checks ( we are tossing this idea around due to the fact that all we want is to be sure potential buyers are responsible enough to own a exotic, we have applications for our puppy purchases so thinking about this also)

We do require a waiting list which we will be taking names for January of each year, those on the waiting list from previous year that for whatever reason did not receive a kit due to not enough in litter or lack of litter produced will have 1st chance at waiting list for the next year. We do require a deposit to hold a kit for you until old enough to leave ( between 8-10 weeks of age) we do not sell kits still on the bottle unless we personally know you or of you and you can verify past experience with bottle feeding tiny babies as this can sometimes be a very delicate time in the young animals life. We will at request from you keep the kit on one bottle a day past weaning stage for your personal bonding time, but kits must be on solid food before leaving us (unless previous determination has been made) to insure the fox kits health and dietary needs are met. Deposits are of different dollar amount depending on the species price range. We DO NOT take deposits until we know the kits have been born and have been pulled from the den box and have taken to the bottle (we do not expect you to send a deposit on a animal that has not been born yet, as breeding is NOT guaranteed each yr, some yrs our fox may not produce a sucessful breeding and produce no kits) Breeding is not a guaranteed thing.
price list for each species
(our red fox and colors of prices have changed to try and meet the needs of a higher demand and to insure our kits are placed at a young age for proper bonding)
as of Spring 2011 ALL Red fox kits for colors of red, marble, silver and cross are $250.00 all other more "rare" colors such as pearl/cross, saphire blue ect are $300.00
Swift fox price has not changed they are $800
Grey fox $500

Please email at crazyanimallady@aol.com
or call 330-612-7196
we are located in North East Ohio

Thank you and sorry for such a long post but there is a lot of info needed when looking for breeder and when you are a breeder yourself.
Mandy Markley
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
astargirl22

Re: RED FOX (all color variations),GREY FOX, SWIFT FOX,& FEN

Postby astargirl22 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:55 am

BUY FROM MANDY. SHE IS THE BESTEST BREEDER EVER! :eleph: :eleph:
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Mandy,

I am having a really difficult time getting a hold of you. :icon-frown: I feel bad for practically blowing up your phone. I am just trying to make sure I get my name on the waiting list before it's too late. Is there a better time to call you?
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Trish., I am sorry I have had 4 weeks off school
So I have been working a ton of overtime (136 hrs last pay)
I have wed and Thursday off work and planned to
Return the many phone calls and emails then and u r
On my list to call back I will get ahold of u then
Again I am real sorry
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 am

dinnka wrote:Trish., I am sorry I have had 4 weeks off school
So I have been working a ton of overtime (136 hrs last pay)
I have wed and Thursday off work and planned to
Return the many phone calls and emails then and u r
On my list to call back I will get ahold of u then
Again I am real sorry

That's completely understandable. icon_biggin.gif I remember when I called you, you mentioned working all day the next day. Thanks for your response, I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't look for another breeder if your waiting list was full or something. I've heard really great reviews about you and your kits, so I look forward to hearing from you!
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh my, this has certainly captured my interest.

Where in North-East Ohio are you? I live along the MI-OH border, about a half hour north of Toledo.

I hope it doesn't sound too crazy (since I don't know you and you don't know me), but since you do run a small park/zoo, I would be insanely happy if I could come down, probably during the spring or summer months, if at all possible.

I plan on become a fox owner, and personal experience with the animals would be absolutely invaluable to me, even if I could only meet the foxes once. I want to make sure that I have an idea of what I would be getting myself into beyond what I see on the internet.

What I most want to experience is the smell of a red fox, since initially that was the type of fox I wanted, but I'm wary of the potential issue with the smell. If the smell is tolerable, that's probably is going to drive me back towards the idea of getting a red fox.

If not, that's okay, but I am most definitely going to put you under serious consideration when the time comes that I can get a fox.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Go to the Mt Hope auction and go into the fur bearers barn. You will get all the smell you ever wanted :lol:
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 pm

I would like to go, but unfortunately I don't have anyway of getting there. It's a three hour drive from where I live. );

Also, I have a question about Swift foxes - what type of enclosures do you keep them in when you cannot supervise them? Do they need an outdoor enclosure? The reason I'm wondering is because all the breeders I have talked to have said that ferret cages or cat cages are fine for fennecs when you can't watch them.

Sorry if I'm coming off as obnoxious, but for some reason this thread makes me excited. xD
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:37 pm

There is a swift fox owner here that keeps their fox indoors. Most owners would probably suggest a larger dog crate.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 pm

I have a large dog crate (actually, two). I don't know if it would be be enough. The smaller crate is about 2 wide, 4 feet long and 2 feet tall. The larger one is about three feet tall, three feet wide and about four and half feet long. To get a good feel for it, I'm about 5 foot 3 and the larger cage comes right up to my hip.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

There is a swift fox owner here that keeps their fox indoors

thats meeeee :mrgreen:
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Well if I ever get that huge farm and stay-at-home-job I always wanted, I'll totally buy a silver from you :lol: That is IF everything goes according to plan!
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
dave c

Postby dave c » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Hey Mandy do you have any adult male breeders? I have 2 female artics and a pearl female and no male.
hairboy82

Postby hairboy82 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

I was wondering if you had any openings in your gray or swift fox list. I apologize for sending so many emails
X_Kitsune_X

Postby X_Kitsune_X » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

I am so pleased to have found a reliable breeder. I can't get a fox for a good few years yet (Still doing exams and living with my mum, lol) but I've always wanted a fox. You said you sell all red variations including marbles, do you sell artic marbles?

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”