PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

looking for high content wolfdog in texas

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

JStreet

looking for high content wolfdog in texas

Postby JStreet » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Are there any reputable breeders in Texas? I would prefer to pick my animal up in person for a few reasons. Not interested in buying from puppy mill, would like to see the real parents and i would think it would be alot less stressful for my new baby. I will have one shipped if I have to but thought I would ask if there is any good breeders near me.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: looking for high content wolfdog in texas

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:47 pm

This site will be really helpful for you if there are things you're still not sure of.
http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/

Here's a link to a thread with a list of breeders. Cindy provided the links to the breeders a ways down the first page. The breeders all breed pures, but some of them are breeders of high content wolfdogs.
http://www.raskbb.com/sybilsden/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8730

There are more breeders who breed high contents than what was provided in these links. I think Cindy posted about some before, but I'm not sure what thread it was in. It would be in the exotic dog section though.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
JStreet

Postby JStreet » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Thank you, I need to talk to Cindy. Her wolfdogs are so beutiful and seem to be very loving with there family.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Check with Bobby that has wolves usa, he's in Texas. Here's a link to his site
http://wolves-usa.com/testsite/

Stay away from wolfzone 1 though thats located there in Texas. You will see a ton of pretty animals on the site but they're breeding to gsd's and lower content animals. Have came acrossed buyers who have gotten out of the last two litters and the animals turned out very doggie like once grown. Plus I personally wrote them a few years ago asking about a high content litter and he sent me pics of a nice male but the female was pure gsd.
JStreet

Postby JStreet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Thankyou Cindy, I had read alittle on wolfzone and had already decided not to contact them. I would really like to talk to you about how to truly become a part of there life and also some pointers on how to work with them when they try to test you for alpha position. Ive had some stong headed bully breed dogs but never a wolf.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I've never been tested by either of mine so far (knock on wood) Loki's turning 5 this spring and Selene 4.
I dont expect to ever see it out of Loki, he's such a big baby and a omega. Now Selene during breeding time when the hormones are flying she can get a little bit of a attitude over things. But thats to be expected out of them during this time. High content wolfdogs like pures if intact can get this thing called winter wolf syndrome. They can actually turn very mean during breeding time (they only have one heat a year unlike dogs and its always feb. or march producing spring babies), your better off just not messing with them if this happens until afterwards, so if you're planning on keeping an intact animal you better have an enclosure where you can feed and water them without entering just to be on the safe side. Doesnt mean it will happen but its not a uncommon thing with these animals. Once breeding season is over they'll go right back to they're normal loving selves. Selene's little attitudes have been simple things like, (she's in heat now, it started on the first) I tried to collar her a couple days ago and she didnt want to go so she let out a little growl, and you just can not push them during this time at all so you have to just let it go. Now others have been straight out attacked during times like this. Give this post a read, its from someone who's male ended up getting it and acted out.
http://wolfdogforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84
Don't want to scare you but its better to warn what could possibly happen.
You also have to get the babies pretty young. I got Loki at 4 weeks of age and Selene was around 3 and a half weeks old. Plus the breeder needs to pull the babies from the moms at around 10 days old before they're eyes open. This causes a really good bond with the humans and new owners.

If you want you can ask questions on here or my email is wolfdogs1972@gmail.com
JStreet

Postby JStreet » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:16 am

Those are some great stories and really good info for a would be or new wolfdog owner. I had no idea how bad they could be during breeding time. I think an entry with 2 seperate gates and a padalock would be a good idea. Make it safer to feed/water, less likely they could get out, and make sure my kids couldnt get in!
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Or you can neuter/spay ^__^ That works great too.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Cindy,what part of Texas is Wolf's USA in? How far is it from Houston? I'm think of getting wolfdogs sometime in the distant future.

Also,do you know if pure wolves are legal in Texas or not?

Thanks. ^^
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 am

Wolves aren't on the dangerous wild animal list, so it doesn't look like they're illegal.
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/HS/10/822/E/822.101

As always, research research research! I've studied KY's laws inside out and found loopholes for just about everything I want. The more you sit and stare at your state's laws, and study them, the more you find they might have left out. (Or put in that you can work around, like I did)
I'm not in a position to GET my own coyote just yet. I have Totem, and he's enough for me right now. And now I have a LC wolfdog that I absolutely adore. Image
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 pm

sarajeku wrote:Wolves aren't on the dangerous wild animal list, so it doesn't look like they're illegal.
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/HS/10/822/E/822.101

As always, research research research! I've studied KY's laws inside out and found loopholes for just about everything I want. The more you sit and stare at your state's laws, and study them, the more you find they might have left out. (Or put in that you can work around, like I did)
I'm not in a position to GET my own coyote just yet. I have Totem, and he's enough for me right now. And now I have a LC wolfdog that I absolutely adore. Image

Thanks. ^^ Yeah. I've studied the laws a bit,but it's been awhile. I'd have to look over them again sometime. I found a couple of loop holes about owning a coyote here too,which I originally thought was illegal under the fur-bearing animals law,but then read more closely and found out that they aren't under that law after all.

Edit: Just read the list you gave me and it turns out coyotes are on the dangerous animals list,which really sucks. :( Seriously. Do these people even know how small coyotes and jackals are(unless we're talking about Eastern Coyotes,than that's a different story)? As much as I love wolves, I would have to say that I think a wolf, do to the much larger size than a coyote as well as the instinct to fight for dominance since they live in packs, is much more dangerous than coyotes or jackals which are very small compared to wolves and also typically live solo or in very small family groups that don't typically have that complex of a social heiracy where they'd fight for dominance or anything like that. So, I read the laws and they weren't that clear. Are all the animals on that dangerous animal list illegal to keep or do they just require a permit or insurance or something and then you can legally keep them?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Wolves are illegal in Tx. But you can own any percent of wolfdog. Here's the law for Tx.

TEXAS

"No person in Texas may possess, transport, receive or release a live wolf in this state." Wolf Hybrids are not regulated at the state level; however, some counties and municipalities have local regulations regarding these animals.

Bobby is in Hart, Tx. Its abit of a drive from the Houston area, but I'm sure it'd be worth the trip. You should give him a call he's really nice.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Wolves are illegal in Tx. But you can own any percent of wolfdog. Here's the law for Tx.

TEXAS

"No person in Texas may possess, transport, receive or release a live wolf in this state." Wolf Hybrids are not regulated at the state level; however, some counties and municipalities have local regulations regarding these animals.

Bobby is in Hart, Tx. Its abit of a drive from the Houston area, but I'm sure it'd be worth the trip. You should give him a call he's really nice.

Thank for the info, Cindy. ^^ It's ashame I can't get a pure wolf if I stay in Texas,but I'll settle for a high content wolfdog if I have to and he has some nice looking animals on his website.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Yea i love one of his arctic males named Cowboy
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 am

Cindy23323 wrote:Yea i love one of his arctic males named Cowboy

My favorites are Echo, Angel, and Kane. Cowboy's nice too though.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”