Assistant

Re: Even Keel Exotics

Postby sarajeku » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Oooh okay that makes more sense.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:55 pm

This place sounds disgusting. Those poor animals. :(
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
animalmom

Postby animalmom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm

In October I took in a 6 month old male "calico" red that was bought from Even keel as a kit. They really didn't know what they were getting into long term. I guess an other uneducated buyer. Oh and he was not a "calico" he turned out to be a white marked red or a platinum red. The timing was good for me since I had just enlarged my enclosure to 10' x 30'. The people who bought him from Zachary seemed to really love him and just want the best situation for him, realizing they couldn't give him what he needed. I had him neutered on the tuesday after I got him (on Sunday). Moxie had been spayed a month or so before. They get along ok no real fighting, just the occasional open mouth standing on their back feet thing. I am glad that we were able to take him in and also glad that the foxes have each other for company.
*Animalmom*
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:22 pm

It sucks that because of those irresponsible breeders (in this case, broker, or am I wrong, does he breed foxes?) actual responsible owners look terribly bad, glad you rescued that fox animalmom. Even keels should be shut down I've heard terrible things about how they treat the ground squirrels (and I'm sure the other animals get a similar treatment)...
animalmom

Postby animalmom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Early on when I was looking for breeders I had contacted them by phone and found them to be short and rude with me. Looking on their facebook page makes me ill. The amount of people that faun over them and seem to be buying from them is depressing to me. I guess with the large customer base they seem to have being rude is not a big deal.
*Animalmom*
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 pm

The problem is, they sell to ANYONE! They could even sell a fox kit to some psycho who wants to use it as training bait for hunting dogs :(
animalmom

Postby animalmom » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 am

yep, I know
It is sad. Do you know if they have a store front? Like a regular pet store you can walk into and shop for supplies and stuff? Just wondering how much exposure they have outside the internet.
*Animalmom*
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

From what I've heard they don't. And, they don't allow visits of the ''facility'' either , except on some (rare) open house days. Apparently they don't even bother cleaning up on those open house days, and reports have been made of many animals locked up in cages in the same room, feces and pee all over the floor, dirt, etc. but I've never been, so I can't give my personal opinion on the place

Maybe this spring I'll see if I can visit on the open house day
Hello97

Postby Hello97 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:37 am

the_unstable wrote:I think it would be great if this thread could somehow be saved on the forum and not deleted in the future so those looking for information on breeders (Even Keel in particular) will find this.

Well, I appereciate this still being out here, I was just looking into getting a fox, live in Michigan, and they were the first to respond. I'll make sure I steer clear, but where do you guys suggest? I don't have a permit at the moment.
Panharith

Postby Panharith » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:51 am

I feel like warning the people on his FB page who say they want his kits, and steering them in a better direction!

goldenslot mobile
GCLUB
EmiTheNinja

Postby EmiTheNinja » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

OMG thank you so much for posting this, i have been researching into pet foxes to hopefully have one in the future and had sent keel exotics a message on fb as it was the first one i had found im so glad i found this board as I will NOT be buying from them. I also messaged general questions about the foxes and haven't received a reply. glad i found this before ever committing~ thank you so much

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”