Pua

Anteaters, Armadillos, Aardvarks, Tenrec, Aardwolf, ect

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pua

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:56 pm

She's so funny at 2:55 when she sticks her head all the way in! :lol: That really cracked me up.

How does she eat the pumpkin? Or is she mostly just licking the juices?
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

They don't have teeth. She clawed her way in but mostly used the spots I had already carved and there was a soft spot in the back near the bottom. I only carved it the night before Halloween but Oregon weather is terrible for jack-o-lantern longevity.

She seemed to just be checking it out and maybe tasting it a bit. It's funny though they are attracted to squash. They have clawed into squash in the garden. They are so quick about it I didn't know they weren't just after bugs or something till too late.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Checking out the new digs in progresses for the Fennec.

ImageWhat is this thing? What are you up to? by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageI know you're up to something by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageThis thing is a bit cramped by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageI'm out of here. by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Oh yeah I moved the "tree" that was in the old cage over by her dinning area and I put a cushion on the inverted lid of the hamper to make a place to hang out if they want. They probably wont but at least it looks better that way, some human enrichment.

ImageAdded the old "tree" from the old cage and added a cushion on the hamper for them by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Aurora crossing their new bridge
ImageAurora wakes up by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Close up of what Pua was doing
ImagePua getting avocado by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:19 am

Aaaw. She just wants to help get the baby crib up and going for her new little brother or sister. :mrgreen: She looks super teensy in there.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 pm

sorry for the late reply.

they are so beautiful and look so happy and content. love the pictures as always.

I noticed in the one pictures you have one those salt crystal lights. oops, should I say Pua and Aurora does :lol:
I have several of them, and love them. they made great xmas presents too. everyone loved them.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Thank you.

I liked that the salt lamp makes it look like I got a container of glowing coals when on. I've moved it over to the dresser and just leave it on now.

Ash wrote:Aaaw. She just wants to help get the baby crib up and going for her new little brother or sister. :mrgreen: She looks super teensy in there.

She's been making a mess of the shelves, lol. Once I get the top shelves fenced in she's gonna be mad.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:45 am

I liked that the salt lamp makes it look like I got a container of glowing coals when on. I've moved it over to the dresser and just leave it on now
well, you will have to get another one for your girls :lol:

gary bought me some type of small water fountain this xmas. has colored lights in it. will try and get a picture of it when I get a chance. your girls would love it :lol:

can you make another shelve for your girls. they do seem to like.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:31 pm

The lamp is right where they go by it all the time. They don't care though.
ImageOn the prowl by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

I did put an artificial flower there with some orange oil on it and she kept stopping to sniff it briefly but move on since no orange to eat, as expected. I'll try a different scent when that wears off.

Pua probably would like a fountain. She likes having lots of drinking options. They wouldn't be inclined to play in it but she has drunk from the faucet before.

I couldn't figure out a configuration that would work for both a fennec cage and anteater cage/shelves. Though I like the idea of taking the topper and it being a platform with some shelves or put some furniture under there. But there's no really a good place for a fennec cage otherwise. Really Pua just uses the shelves because it's easier to beg for and get treats from me because she doesn't have to deal with the rim of the cage topper.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:14 pm

the picture tells me pua lights her lamp :lol: you should let her keep it.

pua might like a fountain. at least she would always have fresh running water.. :mrgreen:

Really Pua just uses the shelves because it's easier to beg for and get treats from me because she doesn't have to deal with the rim of the cage topper.
:lol: I can believe that. she is a smart girl.

the shelve layout sounds like it would work. either way, I know you will come up with something that will make everyone happy.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:52 pm

It'll work as it is. Now that there is more fencing on there, Aurora was climbing the outside of it again on route around the room. My only other option would be to move the cage shelves to side by side along the other wall so it'd be 2x8 instead of 2x4, would benefit me of being able to see all the way in at a glance to all the shelves since not as deep and could do the cage topper on legs as a platform with a ladder for Aurora and put furniture under there. But I think the fennec would probably prefer 4x4 to feel more open than the thinner design since it will have the wheel to get it's running out on. And the other downside is it would be a ton more work at this point to change it up.

Actually there's one other thing that might work to change the cage topper to platform maybe someday as I had always fancied the idea. Move the fennec cage to where to fridge is. Not really thinking too much about what the anteaters want there though, ha. I just think it might be nice and would move some furniture around and some things would wind up under the platform then, so if any shelves under the platform would be small ones. But more of a maybe someday project. The lay out is pretty good right now but every now and then I think about changing things up.

Actually someday I might splurge on a tankless water heater. then their current box tower built around the heater could become like a cat tower with shelves and holes as only a small bit would be needed to go around the small heater instead of the whole box being around the big one.
ImageAll three on the tower by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
ImageAurora coming down the tower by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

The water heater currently fills the inside of their tower but if I ever could go thankless that would open up the possibilities. I think my father said we would need to change the wiring for that.
Last edited by TamanduaGirl on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Those darn thankless water heaters!

Return to “INSECTIVORES”