PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

hyzenthlay foresight

Anteaters, Armadillos, Aardvarks, Tenrec, Aardwolf, ect

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

faster

hyzenthlay foresight

Postby faster » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 pm

1. how on earth do you pronounce HyzenthlayForesight?
2. how did you come about owning an anteater.
3. what are they like as a pet do they acknowlege when you call their nane ?
4. are they affection?
5. do they eat fire ants?
6. what part of the country do you live in?
7. if you do not live in a southern state do you actually know what a fire ant is?
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Ahhhh!!! I hate fire ants! I got bit by one one time.
Current Critters: 1 Ferret, 2 dogs, 1 cat, about 40 fish, and 2 rats. Future goal: A fox.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:17 am

Hyzenthlay is from Watership down and a made up rabbit word meaning fur shining like dew. IUt's just pronounce how it's spelled really. Hi-zen-th-lay. Foresight is in the dictionary and is anticipating the future.

2: is in my FAQ and it covers 3 pretty good too
http://www.contentcaboodle.com/pets/anteater-faq.html
Pua does know her name. She was trained to come to a squeeker but would never come to it outside. she loves exploring to much.

4: Very affectionate. She sleeps by herself more than she used to since she likes the washer but she still loves to play and cuddle. She will spend some time sleeping laid on my back some nights like a baby sleeps on mom anteaters back. She used to spend a lot of time inside my shirt but rarely does that now. When she did sleep in bed with me she would always curl up hugging my hand. Stewie was not so cuddly clingy but he was more out going and friendly with others. Pua us a mommas girl.

Yes they eat fire ants but they just eat a few ants then move on, they wont rid you of your pests. they don't like getting bitten much either. They prefer to eat the workers and eggs and leave once there are a lot of soldiers.

I live in the Pacific North west so no fire ants here but I do know of them. Many people mistakenly call the nest builder ants fire ants, they have a pretty wicked sting but not as bad as fire ants. We do not have those here either but other areas do.

Return to “INSECTIVORES”