PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pangolins?

Anteaters, Armadillos, Aardvarks, Tenrec, Aardwolf, ect

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Drache

Pangolins?

Postby Drache » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:20 am

Has anyone ever seen or heard of any pangolins being available in the US?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:09 pm

No only vary rarely in zoos. They are even harder to breed than anteaters and endangered, so can't cross sate lines which makes the whole breeding thing even harder, when it was nearly impossible already. So the short answer is no and you never will find one.
Drache

Postby Drache » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:27 am

lol

There are 8 species of Pangolins and only a couple of them are endangered. Several of them aren't even listed as threatened. But if they are difficult to breed then that would make sense that they would be rare. I met someone who used to live in Africa and apparently his family had one for years and even brought it with them when they moved to Spain and was just curious. They have been one of my favorite animals since I was a kid, I just never thought of keeping one before. :P
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah think I heard that before but they are all listed as CITES II. Makes it a lot harder to import and they can only be imported if a country will export them. They probably ban all export because they don't want people out there trapping them at random to sell to exporters since the common person wont know which is which.

Return to “INSECTIVORES”