Cinco

Anteaters, Armadillos, Aardvarks, Tenrec, Aardwolf, ect

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cinco

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 am

Okay so he's not even born yet but I'm set on naming Pua's new baby/mate Cinco as he'll be the 5th guy in her life. So this is his thread 'cuz I'm all excited having heard the news.

Just found out he's going to be captive born.
I guess she hinted at that but it wasn't clear before. Her guy in Guyana collects the "clears" and blacks(he wont sell any blacks) but he'll sell her and her me a clear(pure blond like Pua).

He's not going anywhere once he gets here even if Pua doesn't like him but I'm sure she will. I plan to socialize him really good this time around and have a chest pouch to take him places with me.
Legend

Re: Cinco

Postby Legend » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 am

That's fantastic news, I'm sure it will work out all the better with all the experience you have with those other 'almost mates'. Can't wait to see new pics.

Congratulations!!! :bear:
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks!

Stewie was captive born and Pua's first mate. We got him second hand but he was still just 8 months old and she loved him from the start, well soon as he calmed down and wasn't scared of her. So I'm hoping she'll kind of adopt him like she did Stewie. She even let Stewie ride on her back when he got scared.

The rest didn't work out for various reasons.

I did learn my lesson with Mandua though and will keep them apart till Cinco settles in then will make the introductions carefully. All the better if he likes the pouch idea for introductions too. It sounds a bit weird but Pua liked her pouch so much when young people often asked if she was a marsupial. She'd spend all day in it curled up in my lap. She was a spoiled princess from the start though and would get annoyed when I'd have to get up and down. So hoping Cinco wont mind being carried/moved around in it if I start him off doing that early.
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 am

That's so great! I cant wait to see all the pictures. When should you be getting him?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Maybe late next year. It's a bad time of year for babies so it could be quite awhile. The wet seasons are from April to July and November to January while the dry seasons are from August to November and February to March. Dry seasons are better for babies but they can happen any time of year.

He'll be about 6 months when I get him. Being Guyana we can't expect an ultrasound or anything to check for pregnancies so wont have any idea till a baby pops out and is male. So I have quite a wait even if one were to pop out today.

Will, be worth the wait though since I know how special captive born babies are.

I'll keep you all informed though.
kaylalk

Postby kaylalk » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Congrats! You'll have to post lots of pictures :D
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Wow! That is so wonderful. I can't wait until you get him! :peng: Way exciting!

Who is the breeder you're getting him from?
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks. Once he's born I'll be counting the days.

I don't have his info. He's in Guyana. My importer friend knows him well though. He doesn't have internet, just phone. She's importing him for me but I'll be there with her at the airport and pick him up straight from Guyana. She'd not normally do that but she trusts I can handle a fresh import. Heck, he should be a piece of cake compared to the wild caughts.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:27 am

:peng: :eleph: :bear:
YAY
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~

Return to “INSECTIVORES”