Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Rats

Chinchillas, Beavers, Cavies, Caybaras, Guina Pigs,Mice, Nutria, Rats Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

minervasden

Rats

Postby minervasden » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Back in May I purchased a tiny little rat due to feeling sorry for it. The little rat was in a small tank with a number of large rats and obviously unable to compete for resources. Yes, we shouldn't support bad breeders/dealers but sometimes it just happens. Anyway skipping through the parts where I treated mites, dehydration, weight gain, worked on socialization, cage drama and discovered he was actually a she (always check for yourself) we get to where it was time to obtain a rat companion. Found out the pet store no longer sells live rats and there is a rat shortage at least partially due to Seoul virus. No luck with Craigslist either.

Forward time a bit more. Still no luck. Sybil's member Ana had been wanting to stop over and meet my rat. Ana volunteered to get a female at her local store. And so this past Wednesday Ana brings me a female with testicles. And we will mention again always check gender yourself (pet store claimed female). Anyway there were no females available anywhere to exchange him.
My pair of rats will be allowed to breed one litter and then will be split into male and female groups.

So onto the rats. First is the original female Ratty. I had named her Stache for her moustache but she never responded to it. I found out my mother had just been calling her Ratty.

Here's the little boy. He just obtained his permanent residence status last night and so hadn't been named yet.Image
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ana

Re: Rats

Postby Ana » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:11 pm

They are so cute, the babies are going to be adorable. I'm so sorry about the gender issues, but I'm glad he found his way
to you, you have such a good setup, every one of your enclosures is perfect! I'm gathering toys for them as we speak!! I told
Stasi all about her doppelganger, here's a pic from yesterday, aren't they amazing similar? Obviously your girl is thinner, but
their facial structure, points and markings are so similar. ♡♡♡♡♡
(Her eyes are runny from allergies, she's on three medications currently)

minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Ana wrote:They are so cute, the babies are going to be adorable. I'm so sorry about the gender issues, but I'm glad he found his way
to you, you have such a good setup, every one of your enclosures is perfect! I'm gathering toys for them as we speak!! I told
Stasi all about her doppelganger, here's a pic from yesterday, aren't they amazing similar? Obviously your girl is thinner, but
their facial structure, points and markings are so similar. ♡♡♡♡♡

It's ok. Go ahead and relax. The goal was a friend for Ratty. When I went to the pet store to buy a rat the first time It was before I realized he was a she. I would have purchased a male anyway.

Thank you.

Yep, the kitties are pretty similar. icon-smile
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Congrats. He looks an interesting color.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:12 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Congrats. He looks an interesting color.

Thank you. That isn't a very good picture on the male. The dark spot I think is a shadow. He's white with a beige head and also a little white blaze down his face. Sorry, I should have taken a better look at his image. It does make him look a bit different.
Lara

Postby Lara » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 am

They are adorable! Isn't it crazy how hard it is to find rats? I've been on a waiting list for four months, and am finally getting close to picking mine out.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 am

He looked like he might be sort of creamy. Sounds interesting anyway.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Lara wrote:They are adorable! Isn't it crazy how hard it is to find rats? I've been on a waiting list for four months, and am finally getting close to picking mine out.

Thank you. Congrats on your upcoming friend(s).
Ana

Postby Ana » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm gonna lobby for a pair of boys from your litter!!
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Ana wrote:I'm gonna lobby for a pair of boys from your litter!!

Ok. I'll check back when there is a litter.

Return to “RODENTS”