NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Does anyone else here have chipmunks?

Chinchillas, Beavers, Cavies, Caybaras, Guina Pigs,Mice, Nutria, Rats Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Chipmom

Does anyone else here have chipmunks?

Postby Chipmom » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:57 pm

I've seen a lot of interesting critters but wanted to know if anyone here had chipmunks?
I had rats before, absolutely love them!!
Had mice too, quite addictive to watch them play and run around.
I had all different kinds of colors with my mice and ratties and my rats got free run time in the house, I didn't push that with the mice, lol.

Chipmunks are said to live 6-10 years, so I've heard from other chipmunks' owners.

Getting chipmunks in the states isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Was very hard. I love having my chipmunk though it's different from having the rats and mice.

Now that I have earned her trust anyone can come in and interact with her. I set up the chipmunk safe zone and as long as you don't make quick moves she will come up to you. She's not a fearful or bitey chipmunk and she's got a very nice disposition. She's not really that destructive either, I am very surprised as I expected lots of chewing
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone else here have chipmunks?

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Aaw. I don't have one, but I always thought a chipmunk would be cute and a fun animal to keep. I'm glad you got a sweet one. :)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Teela

Postby Teela » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:38 am

Chipmom wrote:
Chipmunks are said to live 6-10 years, so I've heard from other chipmunks' owners.

Getting chipmunks in the states isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Was very hard. I love having my chipmunk though it's different from having the rats and mice.

I used to keep them when I was a kid. Getting them was easy-peasy since we had this big ol' Persian tomcat who would bring them home all the time. He never hurt a single one (he hated birds and what he'd do to a bird wasn't pretty). Never mice or squirrels, just chipmunks. Never kept them for longer than a week or so. There'd always be more.

Now that I have earned her trust anyone can come in and interact with her. I set up the chipmunk safe zone and as long as you don't make quick moves she will come up to you. She's not a fearful or bitey chipmunk and she's got a very nice disposition. She's not really that destructive either, I am very surprised as I expected lots of chewing

Never knew them to be biters unless you did something they didn't like, and then it was more like a warning nip.
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Is your "baby" a Siberian chipmunk?

Return to “RODENTS”