PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

chipmunk nation

Chinchillas, Beavers, Cavies, Caybaras, Guina Pigs,Mice, Nutria, Rats Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

cheshire fox

chipmunk nation

Postby cheshire fox » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 am

i ordered a few critter nations, they should be in today
i'm clearing out a room to raise chipmunks in {or atleast trying to}

if anyone notices chipmunks for sale, especially dilute siberian.. lemme know :3

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: chipmunk nation

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

That's exciting! I'll keep my eyes out for you.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:12 pm

thnx! z_z i'm having a really off day here
woke up early and the sky was all indigo and lovely. i even noticed for the first time this year, there's a new baby bunny hanging around :D anyway, i have this room all cleaned out and the critter nations are delivered and ready to assemble. i got phoned out to pick up my uncle's truck, he is going to the hospital ._. no visiting yet though. i spent most of the day assembling these cages, good quality but a pain to assemble.. i'm actually only half way through, i'm going to the store to pick up a rubber mallet
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:38 pm

finally got these cages together
and i found some chipmunks for sale this season ^^

happy earth day everyone

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:04 pm

That's exciting! Be sure to keep us updated. I would love to see your little chipmunks when you get them!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 am

i thought i only needed an import permit.. i needto apply for a propagators permit too
waiting for it to come in the mail, i should have called earlier :\ sigh
anyway, it might be one of those lil guys ^^
it's sad they're common in england and not here
which is where the parents of this litter came from
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I actually saw that ad and was going to tell you about it, but then I saw you had found some already. lol They're so cute! I'm really excited for you to get your little one. I expect lots of pictures. ;) Chipmunks and squirrels are such neat little critters.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

It would be so fun to raise chipmunks or squirrels. I saw that ad as well and thought they were quite cute. In 2010, I bought two brand new Critter Nations and put them together in the same week (I didn't get them on the same day). They are awesome, but a pain to put together. They didn't just fit together nicely, I had to slam them together with the handle of a screwdriver. Totally worth the cost and effort considering the quality. They also resell for quite a bit of money unlike most cages. Good luck to you on this. I can't wait to hear about how it goes for you!
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Sat May 04, 2013 10:47 am

filled out the permit papers today, but i need a letter from the town committee or whatever
that'll be on tuesday, they said it's no problem.. i hope i get it sorted out before the chipmunks are all gone x_x
i also filmed the rabbit today.. here the backyard chipmunk showed up so it's loosely relevant
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Mon May 13, 2013 4:32 pm

council decided to approve your request to breed siberian chipmunks. you may apply for a permit to the pa game commission, attaching this letter.

your letter states that the animals will be housed in a room, in your house, caged and will not create a problem for anyone in the neighborhood or town. we reserve the right to revisit this issue if the animals were to become a source of complaint by your neighbors.

good luck in the permitting process.

:roll: that middle part is such a cheerful sentiment

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Hope they don't chirp too loud. Wouldn't want to bug those neighbors. :roll:
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

two game commission officers showed up 'out of the blue' for the sole purpose of telling me siberian chipmunks are completely not allowed in pennsylvania. 0r Any species that could Ever be considered invasive, unless having a 2 years apprenticeship under a licensed facility. An example was hedgehogs.
i asked if you can own a raccoon or squirrel with a sales receipt, apparently that is now illegal.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Really? I'm sorry, that's just such bad news... Sorry that it turned out like that... icon-sad
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 pm

PA sucks like that. They keep trying to pass a bill to at least legalize some things like hedgehogs and gliders but it keeps getting voted down or dieing because the big exotic and herp people are like "the little pets are selling us out" um no they already don't allow them this is just finally allowing something. If you learned anything about PA law and politics before mouthing off you'd know that.

Maybe you could get some rats to put in the cage?
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 pm

well, the two esteemed officers didn't know what they were talking about. the 'permit department' confirmed that raccoons and squirrels are legal to own with a sales receipt. the critter nations have half inch bar spacing, so it's a good setup for any small animal.

Return to “RODENTS”