https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media
It is for Lucy (my beagle) she has some serious health issues.
=======================================

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747

Buying wholesale

Recall info and Home Made Receipes

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Nicophorus

Buying wholesale

Postby Nicophorus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 am

I have a question. Have any of you bought directly from a pet food company because you have too many animals and need to buy in bulk/not be able to afford retail prices?

Does anyone know if the food makers sell wholesale to "kennels" or "aviaries" if one has a certain amount of animals that need feeding? I have 20 medium to large sized parrots and am thinking of breeding them again. I just can't afford that amount of quality parrot food at retail and want to approach some of the companies about buying direct from them.

Anyone know how this goes?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buying wholesale

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Hmm, never done it, but would be interested to know how that goes for you. They should be willing to make an arrangement. Let us know what you find out.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Quite a few companies do this. Check the websites. If there is no breeder or bulk purchase info then call or email the wholesale accounts departments. Some companies will let anyone who orders a certain weight or dollar amount get an account.

Each company is different so look at all the manufacturer's you are interested in and choose the best deal for you.

Another option is to make friends with a breeder or small business which already has an account and will let you put in a wholesale order.

Edited to add last 2 lines. Cat was 'helping' before I finished typing.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:53 pm

On a related topic, I'm kind of surprised at how good the prices are online these days. Especially compared to brick n' mortar. I almost (well I do) feel sorry for the retail businesses because how can they possibly compete with the price and convinience (shopping from home, delivered to your door) of online?

This is all I'm sure old news to you all, but as I get more animals and as I MUST bring down costs (and feed is a big one), I'm seeing all this.

I know there is no way i'd want to open up a physical retail store in this day and age.

Return to “PET FOODS”