Blue Buffalo alert

Postby vulpini » Fri May 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Thought some of you might find this interesting:

http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/publi ... Id=&sInfo=

I guess I was always fooled by those commercials they put out :/
Juska

Re: Blue Buffalo alert

Postby Juska » Fri May 15, 2015 4:19 pm

I always disliked Blue Buffalo's TV commercials because they tried to sell the idea that dogs are direct descendants of today's grey wolves, which is untrue. Both share a common ancestor, just as humans and certain primates share a common ancestor and therefore we are not "evolved from chimpanzees" like some people think. Same thing with their cat food commercials, where they try to make it look like domestic cats are descended from today's wild lynxes and bobcats, which is not true either, haha. Oh, and that they always make the wild animals' eyes blue. Wild wolves don't have blue eyes.

I was feeding my cat Blue Wilderness cat food until I found that Taste of the Wild makes food for cats as well, which is what I feed my dogs. They don't advertise on television, so I guess that means they can put more money into making better food.

Also, if I was Purina I wouldn't be slinging around claims of a company making food with less than stellar ingredients, haha. Kind of hypocritical of them considering all of the recalls and complaints they've had about most of their products over the years. I would never knowingly feed my dogs anything Purina makes, no matter what kind of packaging or fancy advertising they try to hide it with.

I think they're just trying to cover up the lawsuit they're going through right now by slamming a more "respectable" company and making a stink about it.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 17, 2015 7:43 am

I heard blue buffalo was sold to another company in china. is this true?

I just don't know anymore what dog food (if any is safe)
even though my dogs get mostly home made food, sometimes I supplement it with dog food.
mostly 4-health.

anyone hear of "exceed" grain-free dog food? sams club sells it.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Juska

Postby Juska » Sun May 17, 2015 4:55 pm

If Blue's food begins manufacturing in China, I think PetSmart/Petco will no longer sell it with their "no animal food made in China" policies now in effect.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:40 pm

pat wrote:I heard blue buffalo was sold to another company in china. is this true?

I believe it's just sourced in China. Even foods that claim "made in the US" can come from animals raised and slaughtered in China (also plants raised in China).
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Violet

Postby Violet » Mon May 25, 2015 7:27 am

My cat gets nothing but Taste of the Wild. I'll be switching my kit and dog over to it now as well.

Return to “PET FOODS”