HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

EXPANDED DRY DOG FOOD RECALL, Vitamin D Toxicity Warning - 12/3/2018

Recall info and Home Made Receipes

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Juska

EXPANDED DRY DOG FOOD RECALL, Vitamin D Toxicity Warning - 12/3/2018

Postby Juska » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:39 am

This is an expansion on the previous dog food recall I posted. See the link below for full details, it is the FDA official announcement, with all brands and lot numbers included.

https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Ne ... 627485.htm

The FDA is alerting pet owners and veterinary professionals about recalls of several dry dog foods after receiving complaints that dogs eating the food experienced vitamin D toxicity. Testing found that samples of the dog food contained excessive, potentially toxic amounts of vitamin D. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for dogs, but very high amounts can cause serious health problems like kidney failure or death. t this time, the only pet products that have been impacted are food made for dogs. Pet owners should discontinue feeding these recalled products.

The FDA is asking veterinarians who suspect vitamin D toxicity in their patients to report them through the Safety Reporting Portal or by calling their local FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinators. Pet owners can also report suspect cases to the FDA. This is a developing situation and additional recalls may be announced.

NUTRISCA
Chicken and Chickpea Dry Dog Food

NATURAL LIFE PET PRODUCTS
Chicken & Potato Dry Dog Food

SUNSHINE MILLS, INC.
Evolve Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food
Sportsman’s Pride Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
Triumph Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food

ANF, INC.
ANF Lamb and Rice Dry Dog Food

LIDL (Orlando brand)
Orlando Grain-Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food

KROGER
Abound Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food

ELM PET FOODS, INC.
ELM Chicken and Chickpea Recipe
ELM K9 Naturals Chicken Recipe

AHOLD DELHAIZE
Nature’s Promise Chicken & Brown Rice Dog Food
Nature’s Place Real Country Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EXPANDED DRY DOG FOOD RECALL, Vitamin D Toxicity Warning - 12/3/2018

Postby pat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

these recalls are getting disgusting. guess the idiots don't care what is in the dog food, it all resolves around $$.

to be honest, I don't trust a vets suggestion on food quality. my vet was pushing science diet food, still is.
that food killed one of my dogs :twisted: they claimed she needed it for a urine problem. now that I look back on it, it was BS.
every time I see science diet, I cringe.

thank you again for your updates. I appreciate it very much.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:34 am

I have heard a lot of people having bad experiences with Hill's products in general. I've also read on Dog Food Advisor, that the regular dry food itself is not that great of quality (only has 3 stars vs Taste of the Wild's 4.5 stars). It's not awful from purely an ingredient standpoint, but there are much better foods out there, in most cases you can get better food for cheaper than the price of Science Diet.

When I worked at PetSmart, I would not recommend that brand to customers. I would try to persuade them toward a better brand (the foods are displayed in good/better/best tiers in the aisles, and Hill's is definitely not in the "best" tier).
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 pm

I gave Beaker some Evolve last month but it was canned, only a couple little cans. Mostly he gets half instinct kibble and half raw but I sometimes treat him to a small can of something. Currently I got him some cans of "I and Love and You"

But I have to add a dab of canned back to the fennec's diet so will get some chicken instinct for them both. Ikigai was always leaving some of his rabbit dinner even when I cut back so I tried adding a little dab of the canned chicken instinct from when he was a kit and he cleans his bowl now but that was cat(only a couple tinny cans that were left over) so will buy him some dog and Beaker some too.

Return to “PET FOODS”