PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Mazuri?

Recall info and Home Made Receipes

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Nicophorus

Mazuri?

Postby Nicophorus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:06 pm

So , recently Mazuri has been doing a "no shipping charge" promotion and I took that opportunity to buy various feeds from them for my different animals.

I like how the Emu maitenence looks and smells and the Emu seems to like it too. Equally pleased with the guinea pig chow (for the cappy) and Tortoise food. I like to use dry pellets as a base for my animals diet, then supplement that with whatever based on the animal.

Their parrot pellets, I'm not so sure about yet. I tried it because recently the Roudybush I'm use to getting stopped comming in 50lb bags and thus the price jumped up for what I get and need. I think I like the Roudybush more then the Mazuri so I may have to go back to that.

Anyways, does anyone have the scoop or opinions on Mazuri? I know they have a huge variety of foods for different exotics. I trust they know what they are doing and their foods are high quality as a base ration for exotics?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mazuri?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Mazuri is a made by Purina. It's okay but it is not super quality food. Lots of grains(in the more carnivore type foods) and use questionable preservatives. Herbivore stuff like wallaby food is good. They sell some things though that are basically just to make money too like insectivore food(that's like having one herbivore or one carnivore food for all species). The insectivore food would be unhealthy for an anteater, for example.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Mazuri
PMI Nutrition International is expanding a voluntary recall to include the additional varieties of the Mazuri® feed products with specific lot codes due to the potential for elevated vitamin D levels. Elevated vitamin D levels may cause death or otherwise be harmful to animals if fed for extended periods, potentially resulting in lack of interest in eating, weight loss and possible joint stiffness. See the Mazuri® website homepage for a link to the complete product list: http://www.mazuri.com/
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks, TG, for the info. I didn't know it was bad as I know of some zoos that feed their animals Mazuri,so I always figured that it was a good food.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “PET FOODS”