NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Egyptian Golden Jackals are wolves apparently

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Egyptian Golden Jackals are wolves apparently

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Tiny wolves apparently as they are in the 20 pound range.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -test.html

The new genetic research, involving scientists from Oxford University's Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, shows beyond doubt that the Egyptian 'golden' jackal is a grey wolf.

This came to my attention when someone posted a vid of the "Egyptian Wolf" pup they have and I had to look it up.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Egyptian Golden Jackals are wolves apparently

Postby Ash » Mon May 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Cool. About time that's "settled." Dogs have a variety of sizes, so would make sense if wolves do too. Although these are subspecies and not breeds.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Mon May 01, 2017 11:15 pm

Very cool, I didn't know.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Juska

Postby Juska » Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Sulimov dogs being part golden jackal makes more genetic sense now; I didn't know they were so genetically similar. Is the coyote a gray wolf too? They have the same number of chromosomes as the jackal and wolf.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Guy had an Egyptian wolf puppy awhile ago now he's selling now that it's grown, not in us but some photos of it here https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 8227565994

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”