Wave those balls goodbye little man!

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Katalyst

Wave those balls goodbye little man!

Postby Katalyst » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:49 am

Sushi has come in to work with me today for castration. He has peed in protest so he stinks, I stink, the isolation ward stinks! :lol:

Can't say I've ever done an anaesthetic on a tanuki before so this will be an experience......

Wish us luck guys, my fingers need the moral support!
Red foxes, skunks, tanuki and domestic dogs.
Diet geek.
TurkRoach

Re: Wave those balls goodbye little man!

Postby TurkRoach » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am

NO!!! NOT THE MAGICAL RACCOON DOG BALLS!!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Oh, no! Poor little man, lol. I'll keep fingers crossed that the surgery goes well. :)
Red fox (1.2)
Reptiles--many
1 amphibian
Katalyst

Postby Katalyst » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Haha! Magical balls....! :lol:

Surgery went well. He was cryptorchid so the vet had to do a ex lap and go digging to find his retained testicle.
I must say, he had the tiniest set of balls I've ever seen in an animal his size.... maybe that's why is always so grumpy :lol:
Diet geek.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Glad he came though fine even though it was a bit more invasive than anticipated. I don't know much about raccoon dogs but in some species of fox their balls just grow during breeding season so would be smaller the rest of the time.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 am

Katalyst wrote:Haha! Magical balls....! :lol:

Surgery went well. He was cryptorchid so the vet had to do a ex lap and go digging to find his retained testicle.
I must say, he had the tiniest set of balls I've ever seen in an animal his size.... maybe that's why is always so grumpy :lol:

Tiny? I thought they had large balls which resulted all those wacky myths and scriptures about their balls. You should check it up on the internet.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:53 pm

I think only Japanese tanuki have the large testicles? If I remember raccoon dogs are considered to be a different species than tanuki.... Not sure though.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, mink, fennec fox, lemur (brown or white ruffed), egyptian fruit bat.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 am

Having conducted dozens of intimate examinations on actual tanuki statues, I can state with authority that it’s not the testicles (kogan) that are oversize; it’s the scrotum (inno). Furthermore, it’s only in statuary that tanuki carry a lot between the knees; the scrotum of the living animal is proportionate to its body size, which is to say no bigger than your pinkie.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2008/ ... d78NTBryUk

To make gold leaf, these craftsmen would wrap gold in a tanuki skin before carefully hammering the gold into thin sheets. It was said that gold is so malleable, and tanuki skin so strong, that even a small piece could be thinned to the size of eight tatami mats. And because the Japanese for “small ball of gold” (kin no tama) is very close to the slang term for testicles (kintama), the eight-mat brag got stuck on the tanuki’s bag. Soon, images of a tanuki began to be sold as prosperity charms, purported to stretch one’s money and bring good fortune.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Katalyst

Postby Katalyst » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 am

I think it's safe to say that Sushi never read the mythology manuals and is blissfully unaware that he is supposed to be blessed in the ballsack department!
Diet geek.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”