PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pet dingo in Australia

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Chase
Banned
Banned

Pet dingo in Australia

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm

I just recently started seeing many domesticated dingo owners in Australia and apparently, there are domestic dingo breeders too. I wanted to share this with you because I find it weird. Dingoes are considered pest in Australia, why would they be allowed as pets in cities, etc.? thanks for the input.
RabbleFox

Re: Pet dingo in Australia

Postby RabbleFox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Dingos are kind of like feral dogs. They aren't domesticated but tend to be friendly because a lot of people feed them. I have not heard of dingos being pets. Do you have a link or an article?
~RabbleFox
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 am

I notice you use the domesticated word an awful lot with different animals. Like others have said, there is a difference in domesticated and tame.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 pm

The only thing I've ever heard about Dingoes and people are attacks.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

The only thing I've ever heard about Dingoes and people are attacks.

I had a friend who saw a nearly naked man have is butt nipped by one while he was ... ya know. :icon-wink: :icon-wink: ..... on the beach with his "lady friend." (Trying to keep it as clean as possible while still giving it away to adults)
I'm not sure that would count as an attack. Maybe testing?
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 pm

These, I am almost 100% they are not only tame but really domesticated. I know the difference between the two words, their meaning. These animals, they really don't need the bottle feeding and young age bonding with the owner, they are human-orientated.
They are given for adoption from 2 months old +
Here's a link to an Australian dingo breeder (located in Australia) http://dajackieminifoxies.com/ this is one, but there are about 15 breeders and over 3000 owners in Australia (I have a lot of them as friends on facebook too)

Dingoes were imported (and planned on being bred as pets) a few months ago in the US, but the government didn't allow the importer to sell the pups, and I talked to the breeder, he now lives with 10 full grown dingoes (the parents and the adult pups) and can't rehome them (government won't allow him, not even to donate them to a zoo!)
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 pm

I really don't believe the term "purebred Dingo" is a real thing. That breeder breeds and sells mixed breed dogs under the name "Mini Foxies", I would hazard a guess that their "pure" Dingoes have dog in them too.

Dingoes are dogs. They were domesticated for thousands of years, all over the world, and then left to their own devices [mainly] in Australia, where they became wild dogs again. That doesn't mean they're domesticated now, and for good reason aren't allowed to be distributed in the US because they're an invasive species.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Maybe that breeder is actually ''fake'' as you may say but I have a list of some others (that are just on facebook though, because they want to sell to responsible owners only, so they have private groups)
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Mini foxie is just another term for a miniature fox terrier which is a real breed on a level akin to AKC registered experimental breeds. Not vouching for the breeder at all just saying it's not a mutt with a funky name but a real breed.
http://www.minifoxie.org/
prk22

Postby prk22 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am

Can you provide a link to one of these private dingo facebook groups please?

I am interested to read up on this topic!
~Pätrick
Juska

Postby Juska » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am

Then they should have mentioned the words "Miniature Fox Terrier" somewhere on their home page. "Mini Foxie" does not sound like a real breed that I've heard of.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Because it's an Australian breed. The breed club changed their name from miniature fox terrier to mini foxies for legal reasons so it's a common nickname but the breed has been around a long time. Here we have toy fox terriers instead so there is not much interest in the Australian version. The nick name does sound stupid but then I'm not Australian.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”