ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Coyotes

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Kokoa

Coyotes

Postby Kokoa » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 am

The law is kinda confusing for Texas, I really want some advice. Is owning a wolf,jackel or coyote illegal in Texas? :shrug:
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Coyotes

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:32 am

Texas lists the jackal and coyote as a dangerous wild animal and you may not have one unless you hold a certificate of registration for that animal issued by an animal registration agency.

http://www.hybridlaw.com/

From what i was always told by friends who lived in Texas, was that wolves were illegal there, but I do not see them listed. Going to have to dig a little more for that one.
keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:34 am

Interesting link Cindy, thanks for posting it. I had no idea there were such laws. Shows how ignorant I was. It looks like I could have been in trouble, back in the 80's. I lived in VA. and had a timberwolf/Australian shepherd hybrid.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Coyotes are unfortunately banned here. Under the fur-bearing law, it says "No live coyote may be transported,imported, bred, or sold with-in the state" or something like that. So, although ownership is not illegal,every way you could get one i.e. buying one in Texas or importing from another state and then bringing it into Texas, is unfortunately illegal. The law only mentions "coyote",not "coydog" or "coyote hybrid",so unless I'm over-looking something, it may be possible to get a coydog imported from another state,much like how high content wolfdog can be used to get around laws that only specially ban "wolves" and not "hybrids". However, I only know of two coydogs breeder. One, who, actually breed high-content coydogs as well as mid and low-contents was Sundance Ranch,but I think she closed down. The other is a lady breeding a coyote with her pet border collie or something and the puppies don't look very coyote-like as some of them have floppy ears and border collie colors. I don't even remember the site for that lady. American Indian Dogs are also a breed that is suspected of descending from low-content coydogs as well,though this hasn't been proven. Some of the American Indian Dogs on the website look similiar to the low-mid coydogs that Sundance was breeding when they bred Siberian Huskies to coyotes.(Note:That American Indian Dogs should not be confused with Native American Indian Dogs,which are suspected of being low or lower-mid wolfdogs, or North American Indian Dogs which are an admitted High Content wolfdog "breed"/line being bred for tameness and dog-like traits.)

Anyways, I feel your pain. Coyotes are on my wishlist and I really want to move out of Texas so I can have one,but most of my family lives here and I don't want to have to choose between my future pets and my family. Florida is the only place I could have alot of the animals I want,but I have no family in Florida and it's like a 10-12 hour drive from Florida to Texas and vice versa. I don't like being that far from family. icon_confused.gif
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”