PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Has anyone ever heard of a Maned Wolf?

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Laughing Hyena

Has anyone ever heard of a Maned Wolf?

Postby Laughing Hyena » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Alot of people call these canines Foxes on stilts as a joke. Does anyone here own them? Or worked with them?
RabbleFox

Re: Has anyone ever heard of a Maned Wolf?

Postby RabbleFox » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Maned Wolves are really cool but they are endangered so unlikely that anyone owns them. You are more likely to see then at a zoo. Apparently the smell pretty bad though. XD
~RabbleFox
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:07 pm

They're so very pretty :3
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm

We have them at the Houston Zoo here. And yes, the smell is very skunk-like when you pass by their enclosure. The sign with the information on them in front of their enclosure even has a section about it called "What's that smell?" They are beautiful animals though. They look like a cross between a red fox and wolf,but they aren't closely related to either, other than the fact that all 3 are in the canine family. They seem to be very elusive. Alot of times they are hiding in the bushes or way in the back of the enclosure. I must have been to the zoo atleast 20 times and go to their enclosure every time, yet only ever 1 in 5 of those trips, have they actually been somewhere where I could easily see them without searching around the enclosure closely and I've still never managed to get a decent picture of them,even though I've been able to get a good of picture of every other canid I've seen at a zoo.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:38 am

Funny the one time I went they were pacing along the edge of the enclosure and I got a good pic. I don't think I still have it though.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”