PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Playful Tazzy!

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_randomizer

Playful Tazzy!

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Here are pictures of Tazzina from my latest outing at my Wild Wonders internship (on Tuesday), and boy do I have some awesome pictures :mrgreen:
Gets me every time I play with her, I always feel my heart explode due to the love and affection she shows me icon-smile She's so sweet <3

This is just the beginning :lol:

Comments, feedback, etc are appreciated :mrgreen:
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Playful Tazzy!

Postby sarajeku » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:06 pm

I love coyotes!! I'll be posting new Totem pictures within the next couple of weeks.

Will you ever be allowed to go in with her?
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

sarajeku wrote:I love coyotes!! I'll be posting new Totem pictures within the next couple of weeks.

Will you ever be allowed to go in with her?

She's such a sweet thing, licking me to death, squeaking, whining and wanting me to pet her. I comply of course. As for being in her cage, I believe that will be the next intern day, which oddly enough falls on my birthday, which I find to be very fitting. Glad you like the pics! I still have more, and I look forward to seeing more of Totem! He seems like such a sweetheart :mrgreen:
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:08 pm

really great pictures. she looks like such a sweetheart and so loving.
she is so pretty.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:20 pm

pat wrote:really great pictures. she looks like such a sweetheart and so loving.
she is so pretty.

Indeed she is, she loves people so much, it's very palpable and makes my heart melt icon-smile
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:41 pm

More Tazzina!

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:18 am

Those of her on her back are just adorable. Totem doesn't roll over like that very often. Mostly because he has a 100 lb bloodhound constantly jumping on him. Last time I went to see him, I only got 3 pictures because he was glued to me.

Those with his back turned, I tried to get someone to distract him so I could get a few pictures, so my boss walked a miniature horse past his enclosure.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 am

nice pictures. she looks so very friendly.

I don't want to sound stupid, but, where is it that you get to see and interact with these wonderful animals.
also, I am surprised as to how friendly she is, as is the fox you posted in the fox forum?

the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:05 am

sarajeku wrote:Those of her on her back are just adorable. Totem doesn't roll over like that very often. Mostly because he has a 100 lb bloodhound constantly jumping on him. Last time I went to see him, I only got 3 pictures because he was glued to me.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2060_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9577_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7017_n.jpg

Those with his back turned, I tried to get someone to distract him so I could get a few pictures, so my boss walked a miniature horse past his enclosure.

Holy crap, he is a really adorable coyote, I can't stand the cuteness that radiates from him! :mrgreen: Canids are far too adorable in my opinion, and he is no exception. I bet Tazzy and Totem would go nuts if they were in the same pen. Being able take care of these animals has meant a lot to me, I even asked the owner to extend my internship, so I'm waiting to hear back via email. Thanks for sharing!

pat wrote:nice pictures. she looks so very friendly.

I don't want to sound stupid, but, where is it that you get to see and interact with these wonderful animals.
also, I am surprised as to how friendly she is, as is the fox you posted in the fox forum?

Oh don't worry about asking me at all, i really don't mind! icon-smile It's called Wild Wonders and it's located in a town called Genola, just 30 mi/50 km south of Provo, Utah (the city I currently live in). I go there once every other week, and the drive is so worth it. It gives me a sense or purpose taking care of them. Sure, it's hard work, but I get to play when them after i do my intern duties. The fact they show me such profound love and affection is in and of itself a greater reward than money :mrgreen:

Here's the link to Skitter's picture gallery. I'll need to add more today :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11110&p=107594#p107594
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:45 pm

is this place a zoo?

the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:59 pm

pat wrote:is this place a zoo?

Nah, just a small sanctuary owned by a USDA-licensed couple who have a couple of sons (six or seven years old). Here's a link in case ya wanted to find out more about it http://www.wildwondersedu.com/

The couple who run it are really awesomely wonderful people. The fact Sarah Jacobsen and her husband Spencer allowed me to go into Skitter's cage three times alone makes me appreciates the fact they trust me. Tazzy...not quite yet, they are kinda wary letting interns in her cage. She nipped at a child, but that was because she got too close. No blood or medical attention was needed, but I personally think I'll be fine. She's still a sweet thing <3

It takes about 30 min to drive from where I live, so it's not too bad, aside from the punks on the freeway :lol: But yeah, both Skitter

I believe that I'm learning more about how they behave around people, how they want attention, being able to read their expressions and how to not invade their space without allowing me to approach them first. I crouch to eye-level, call their name and extend my hand first and let them make the first move. It's been successful every time.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Between Tazz and Totem...I want a coyote! I love how you get to interact with such cool animals!
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Jen Jen wrote:Between Tazz and Totem...I want a coyote! I love how you get to interact with such cool animals!

It truly is a wonderful experience, and means a lot to me to form a bond of trust and love with them. Taking care of them gives me a sense of purpose and has helped me neutralize any anxiety or stress I feel. icon-smile They're just so adorable! Glad you enjoy the pics! Tazzy reminds me of this dog we used to have, named Hillary (part dingo and something else), she was so hyper she'd run around the couches, lick us like crazy and whine all the time. She totally reminds me of her, it's dejavu. Tazzy will just run right up to me and lick me over and over and over, it's so cute the way she acts.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:20 pm

oh, so it is a santuary. well, really surprises me that that fox and coyote was given up. they are so friendly.
do you have much of a background on the fox? or the coyote?

I looked at some of the other animals they have. looks like they have raccoons too.
did you get to visit them yet? assuming the raccoons were raised properly, they have such a great personality.

what else did you get to see or interact with?

I see they also adopt out. too bad you couldn't adopt the fox later. If you really wanted her, they might let you adopt her.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Totem actually attacked someone last winter. It was the girl's fault for not leaving him alone after he started giving her warning signs. He ripped her a new one.. we had to pull him off with a belt wrapped around his neck like a leash.
But it did remind us that he is still a wild animal and still can be unpredictable.

I TOLD the girl not to go in with him because he was in a "mood" that day, but did she listen? Nope. Younger, new volunteers see how I interact with him and think they can run in and hug him, and it overwhelms him. That's what she did. Rather than keeping her distance until he came to her (which is what I STILL do, after almost 4 years). He dives into my lap on his own free will, acts like a happy puppy when he sees me because he knows me well. New volunteers that he doesn't know, he is wary of and wants his distance until he is absolutely sure of them, which takes a while.
We have let a photographer in his enclosure before, and he was fine. He investigated her camera and her. But she didn't want the interaction- just the photos.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”