PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hillview Coyotes

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Nimbacinus

Hillview Coyotes

Postby Nimbacinus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone here has or knows how Hillview Exotics coyotes are? I know they're around 15th generation tame and was wondering how well that tameness correlates to the foxes they (and other breeders in the US) breed. I'm curious how the care and behavior would differ between the two animals, as I'm considering bringing one into my life in the future. I've worked with wild coyotes in the past, as well as briefly with wolfdogs and rather extensively with regular 'dogs'.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hillview Coyotes

Postby Ash » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the forum! All I can say about Hillview is that they're one of the good breeders out there. People who have gotten foxes from them have been very happy with the service they provided, and have also been very happy with their foxes.

As far as their coyotes go, I don't know about that. Not many people here have much experience with coyotes, let alone keep one. I don't think any member here has one. I imagine if they're captive bred and bottle-raised they're going to be good as far as coyotes go. I worked around a wild-caught? one that was sweet, but she was crazy and hyper.

I suggest you shoot them an email and ask once they get through with breeding season this year. Breeders are still busy. So maybe in a couple of months you can ask them.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Nimbacinus

Postby Nimbacinus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:28 pm

I contacted them earlier on asking what generation tame they were (they're 15) and whether or not they are bottle fed. What else might be good to know? I've liked the interactions that I've had with them in the past and most likely will be getting either a fox or a coyote from them when the time is right.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Other than Hillview, there's also possibly Anter Island Ranch? http://www.jungleislandzoo.com/home.html
They had a listing for a male coyote on Exotic Animals for Sale. They seem to bottle feed all their animals and while they also seem to primarily sell to other USDA facilities, you could contact them and see if they'd be willing to sell to a private individual. I checked them out on the USDA/APHIS database and despite the large amount of animals that they have, they haven't had any violations/non-compliances that I can see.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:11 am

Ash wrote:Hi there, and welcome to the forum! All I can say about Hillview is that they're one of the good breeders out there. People who have gotten foxes from them have been very happy with the service they provided, and have also been very happy with their foxes.

As far as their coyotes go, I don't know about that. Not many people here have much experience with coyotes, let alone keep one. I don't think any member here has one. I imagine if they're captive bred and bottle-raised they're going to be good as far as coyotes go. I worked around a wild-caught? one that was sweet, but she was crazy and hyper.

I suggest you shoot them an email and ask once they get through with breeding season this year. Breeders are still busy. So maybe in a couple of months you can ask them.

You know what, I actually got confused. I always--for some reason--mix up Hillview with Lost River Game Farm in my mind. I always think Hillview's website layout is Lost River's. So all the stuff I mentioned above was about Lost River. I don't know much about Hillview myself, sorry, other than that they are a coyote breeder.

Check out the USDA database for a list of their inspections and see if they've got any major violations.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”