PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Aardwolf in captivity

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

dreamChaser787

Aardwolf in captivity

Postby dreamChaser787 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi everyone, This is my first post, My name is Jennifer i love exotic dogs,
Ive been thinking lately on a aardwolf since i know i can take good care of one (going to volunteer and study some more though), And i love them. What i want to know though is how they are in captivity, As in pets? Do they have pack mentality? I read somewhere that they are solitary but im just making sure. I also like them because there teeth are far apart, weak and rounded, being that they mostly eat eggs and termites. But they do have some sharp canines, just not as much as a hyena or coyote or even as the average dog (i think :lol: ) But i really want one as a pet and any info or advice on how they might be would be great
Pebblypoo0226

Postby Pebblypoo0226 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 am

hey im pretty new too. lol i dont know much about these dogs but i did do a few reports in school and got good grades on them hahaha. you probably know more about these dogs then me so im not even going to bother. the main reason for this rambling tho is to tell you good choice i never even thought of having one before... and believe me i have had some really weird imaginations of what kinds of animals i want. :D
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

hey maybe you already know this but they arent dogs at all.

people keep hyenas and they can be tamed so Im sure aardwolves are the same. I have never seen one for sale so unsure about them specifically.
dreamChaser787

Postby dreamChaser787 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks guys! Yea, Kens exotics has them, So now im just trying to see how they are, And mazuri sells insectivore diet so i can use 50% insectivore and 50% eggs and other things they eat in the wild. And yes your right, First i wanted hyena but the whole "will kill you" got to me :( But aardwolfs are dangerous just not as much because of their size and teeth, and i love them :mrgreen:
Chase
Banned
Banned

Re: Aardwolf in captivity

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:35 am

I love Aardwolves. In the future, when I'll open my educational petting zoo, I wish to have either an Aardwolf or a Striped Hyena. Will definitely get mine from Ken, or, a breeder if there's one in the future.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”