PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

So how are Coyotes as pets?

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

RabbleFox

Re: So how are Coyotes as pets?

Postby RabbleFox » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Awww. I am so jealous of your relationship with Totem. He is such a handsome boy and has a wild quality to his looks.

Are you planning on getting a higher content wolfdog sometime soonish? Would you consider getting a coyote in the future? I think I would get one but from what was posted here it seems to be kind of a hit or miss. One coyote is super sweet and affectionate, the next is snappy about food and only likes 2 people. I read the book The Daily Coyote and Charlie is an amazing coyote. They had a dominance problem but she corrected it relatively quickly with training.
~RabbleFox
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm

I have that book (audiobook, kindle, and hardback versions). And I follow the blog. And subscribe to the mailing list. :mrgreen:
I would definitely consider another coyote, but unfortunately, I can't import one until I'm a licensed "educational" facility. We were able to import one at Wolf Run, so I'm hoping to get my USDA license for both foxes and coyotes.

And yes, I'm very much hoping to get a higher content wolfdog sometime soon-ish. It'll be a while before I've got enough saved up to contain one (or two :icon-wink: ). And the costs of the animal, vet bills, etc. Once I can afford it all, and I have a stable job, I'll be looking for the right breeder.
Talys

Postby Talys » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm

OH MY GOSH! I am loving that book :D

How much longer until you get the USDA license?
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”