PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Interesting Coyote Colors

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Re: Interesting Coyote Colors

Postby caninesrock » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:38 am

I thought these were ablinos and I can still see the stripes on them. The stripes are just a light peach colors instead of the normal chipmunk stripe color:
http://sandsexoticanimals.com/gallery/m ... rian_white
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 am

I'd go with leucistic. All pigments are lightened but in this case not all missing. The stripes don't look peach to me just a very light brown, like this one http://i.livescience.com/images/i/19064 ... ipmunk.jpg
Rejillia

Postby Rejillia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Wow, that pale red is gorgeous! So is Totem, he looks like a sweetheart. :) I would love to have one in the future, but I think the fox and other animals will be taking up most of my time as it is. XD
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:41 pm

I wish that instead of just a few breeders that breed the common coyote color for pets that there were some breeders that would breed all the colors of coyote as pets so you could choose from them. Especially a breeder of the red coyotes. Those are gorgeous. And the black and black and tan too.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Those of us that are interested in coyotes should do it. :mrgreen: I'd be interested in doing it if I could get my hands on some of them.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:21 pm

I ran across this today. A melanistic baby coyote, next to a normal colored one for a comparison. Both from the same litter. :piggy: Want. So cute. Must have them all!

And with an older puppy:
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 pm

sarajeku wrote:I ran across this today. A melanistic baby coyote, next to a normal colored one for a comparison. Both from the same litter. :piggy: Want. So cute. Must have them all!

And with an older puppy:

Holy crud. That's awesome. :mrgreen: What breeder is that? Or are they a breeder of coyotes for pets or just a private owner or a zoo?

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 am

They're wildlife rehabbers in my area. I believe they ended up keeping the melanistic one, but the normal one was released.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 am

sarajeku wrote:They're wildlife rehabbers in my area. I believe they ended up keeping the melanistic one, but the normal one was released.

Oh. Ok. Do you know why they kept the melanistic one?

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm

No. There are any number of reasons a rehabber would keep one. My guess is it wouldn't last long in the wild. Easy to spot.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:41 pm

sarajeku wrote:No. There are any number of reasons a rehabber would keep one. My guess is it wouldn't last long in the wild. Easy to spot.

Oh. Ok. Yeah,that's what I was thinking too about the coat color. I don't suppose you could convince them to let you have the black pup? ;)

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Here's a picture of two adult melanistic coyotes! They look a bit like german shepherds to me. They'd be easy to pass of as dogs to people who don't know their animals. :mrgreen:

Black Coyotes in Florida
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Oooh... Those are pretty. It'd be awesome if the melanistic gene popped up in captive populations. They're stunning.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:30 am

Man, now I want a Coyote even more. Those are so gorgeous.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 am

I know! I'm curious if coyote color morphs vary in size any, sort of like how ranch foxes are a bit bigger than wild ones. It would be interesting to study, if anyone who found them would leave them alive rather than kill it simply because it's a coyote.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”