PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Can of Worms

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

FrothingMagpies

Can of Worms

Postby FrothingMagpies » Sun May 06, 2012 1:35 pm

I know I'm about to open a can of worms here... But how many breeders of actual high wolf hybrid/ pure wolves does any one know of?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually looking to buy one, but it seems like all you ever see is scams & some sad, misplaced husky/mal cross sitting in a cage that doesn't really resemble a wolf in the accompanying photo.
I mean, are there ANY legit ones? xD
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Can of Worms

Postby sarajeku » Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes, there are several. You just have to know where to look. Seacrest Wolf Preserve is one of them. And Wolf Crossing has some beautiful HC arctic wolfdogs.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes there's a few with the real deal breeding but not a bunch like regular doggie dog breeders. Plus as you see there's a load of rip off artist out there claiming they're husky/gsd/malamute mix is a high content. That is one of my biggest peeves, people misrepresenting they're wolves/wolfdogs.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 pm

See here and here for legitimate breeders:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8730
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9026
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Seacrest is not selling to anyone anymore unless they have a liscence for pures now.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Seacrest is not selling to anyone anymore unless they have a liscence for pures now.

Wait. I'm confused. Doesn't everyone have to have a license for pure in order to legally get a pure anyway though?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am

There was one or two states I think that still allowed you to have a pure without a liscence. But Seacrest was also selling pups without the buyers being liscenced no matter what state they were in. They just this year started requiring for you to be liscenced in order to buy from them.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:There was one or two states I think that still allowed you to have a pure without a liscence. But Seacrest was also selling pups without the buyers being liscenced no matter what state they were in. They just this year started requiring for you to be liscenced in order to buy from them.

Oh. Ok. I think it's better that way anyway. Getting a license in my opinion ensures that a person is better prepared to take care of an animal and not deciding to just go get one on a whim because they can and it's legal. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Seacrest probably had some kind of screening process for future owners though.

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”