PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

What states allow Coyotes as pets?

Canines not listed on other forums: African Wild Dogs, Coyotes, Dingoes, Jackals, New Guinea Singing Dogs, Raccoon DOGS, ETC..

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Laughing Hyena

Postby Laughing Hyena » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I know its illegal here in Illinois where I live same with Wolves, Wolf Hybrids and Coydogs and to own a Fox it sounds like I'll need a license for. Is a fox pretty much all I can own as a exotic canine in this state?
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:00 am

I don't know Illinois. If you can't have a wolfdog I doubt you can have can have a coyote either. They're misunderstood and people don't realize they are only 35 lbs max. They think they're big scary and dangerous.

However! The law for them here in ky is the same as foxes. I can have one as long as I find a breeder in state. There is someone who breeds them along with all his other exotic deer. He intends to sell them to hunters, but he does have a USDA license. So I know where to get a coyote here :D
I'm pretty sure they are legal in IN and OH. Dave and Mandy have them.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What states allow Coyotes as pets?

Postby Ash » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:32 pm

You can own tons of things in Illinois with the exception of potentially dangerous exotics (which sadly includes wolves, coyotes, and bobcats :roll: ) and primates. You can own almost anything else. It's actually a pretty decent state to own exotics in.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
caninesrock

Re: What states allow Coyotes as pets?

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Does anybody know of the legality of owning coyotes in Texas? It's just so confusing. So many laws to sort through. The dangerous animals law(not sure if that means they're banned or you just need a permit), briefly mentioned in the fur-bearing law but they don't seem to have the same requirements/bans for ownership of the other fur-bearers. It just so confusing sorting everything out. I wish the laws were written more clearly.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Canines - exotic and wild”