PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Scammer?

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Amara

Scammer?

Postby Amara » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 am

Hey! Yeah...another thread by me. This one is because I am in a bit of an issue. I've been attempting to sell Gwen (Yeah... icon-sad upset as heck about that) and I put an ad on petfinder. I actually (to be honest) was not expecting a reply, so I was surprised that when I logged into my yahoo account yesterday, there was a message from someone who was interested in purchasing her.

As it was, I was just happy as hell and wrote back. He seems legit enough, but I figure that I would get extra coaxing from people here, who know how this works. It's my first time really selling a pet, per se, and I'm just really worried she might go to the wrong hands. I provided a screenshot of what his reply said (blurring out the private information, of course, in case he really is real). It's at the link below, since the attachment would be too hard to read XD

http://i41.tinypic.com/fwqazd.jpg

The response about the backyard also makes me wonder if it IS a scam, or if he is even aware that she's um a ferret. Granted, they love being outside but it's not really...advised (fleas and such...fleas can be deadly to ferrets). And the fact he is asking for an address, saying no PO boxes; for that I'm cautious. I mean, I don't want to bring some serial killer to my house haha. But then again, he says he's gifted (no insults against, but if this were legit, I figured this could be the reason for it being rather hard to read) so...just kind of need some guidance here? x)
One ferret: Gwen
Three dogs: White GS (Chance), Pomeranian Mix (Cooper), Australian Shepherd x BC (Dutch)
Two birds: No names x)
One turtle: Jasmine
One hamster: Jordan

Dream pets are a pet skunk or fox!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Scammer?

Postby sarajeku » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:33 am

I say scam. Usually "pet shipping company" is a red flag.

http://fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47800
Amara

Postby Amara » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:38 am

Ahh! Just reading this helps a bunch. Okay, that helps a lot too on whether or not someone else were to email me. Thank you bunches; good thing I came here then, too.
Three dogs: White GS (Chance), Pomeranian Mix (Cooper), Australian Shepherd x BC (Dutch)

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah it's a form letter they send to any seller that's why it doesn't mention the type of pet.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:12 pm

I say scam.

the wording gives it away, and the "cashier check"
and shipping to their door.

don't fall for it..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Yeah, and the English is pretty bad. I'll go with what everyone has said and say it's a scam.
Amara

Postby Amara » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Okay, thanks a bunches, guys. At first, I was confused because I was under the impression most scams want to sell you a pet, when he wanted to buy her; but if I may ask (even if it makes me wanna punch a baby; excuse the impression), do you think the chances of her getting a loving home would totally be a shot in the dark? I just thought of it. She would more than likely end up on someone's wall.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Not sure that many people would want a ferret on their wall.

People scam sellers by sending bad checks or fake money orders etc and then send too much money. They ask for part back for "shipping" or whatever then when the check bounces later(it takes time) you are liable for the money you spent which went to the scammer.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I wouldn't try selling her. There are tons of ferrets for free on Craigslist, even as we speak (in my area, anyway). You'll probably have better luck that way...at least people won't try to scam you.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the American shorthair
Amara

Postby Amara » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:53 am

Hmm...I figured, because Alabama is erm...I guess you could say about 90% of us are rednecks, haha, so I wasn't sure about any other states. Of course, can't go with stereotypes, but people here (in AL) would have a ferret on their wall. Believe me when I say most of us (not that I am including myself in that) would put just about anything with four legs and fur on a wall, if not for a "souvenir."

The problem with that, Juska, is what we just really need the money. Of course, there also comes that stupid cliche of me not having the time for her which is true. But granted, we paid about a thousand for all of her stuff (this includes bedding, her little house, cage, food, her bowel for the food, the water bowel, etc). It was quite the pricing. I have been asking for a LOT less than that (about a hundred, if that).

But last night, I made sure to get time for her and I just kind of played with her on my bed and god. I nearly burst into tears, haha. I'll miss her like crazy. She was doing her crazy, leaping around thing and the whole happy donking thing that they do, and kept licking my nose. Usually she scratches the crap out of me (clipped nails or not) but she was relatively in a good mood.

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:00 am

why don't you put an ad in your local paper?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “Little Critters”