PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662


For a list of state regulations. Always contact your state department to verify legality! We do not make claims to this list being accurate though we strive for it to be. Changes in laws happen more frequently than we can keep up with and your regulators may interpret the law differently than we did.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10573
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Summary of Law: No Coyote, jackrabbit, porcupine, raccoon, red fox, skunk, or stray cat may be imported. No exotic foxes are allowed to be imported, greys and swifts can be with a permit. Permits are needed for any species not banned or domestic or allowed without a permit. It is unlawful for persons to possess big or trophy game animals. Big game is defined as antelope, bighorn sheep, deer, elk, moose or mountain goat. Trophy game is defined as black bear, grizzly bear or mountain lion.

A list of animals and if they can or cannot be possessed or imported: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regula ... 0_Brochure
Under this grey and swift can be owned and imported but red fox as a species can not be imported but could be possesed if you found on in state already.

No predators may be possessed or imported.
Section 10. Animal Importation.

(a.) No unregulated animal species or animal species defined as predators under W.S. 11-6-302 (ix) shall be imported into the state. Animals imported under permit as sanctioned by the Wyoming Animal

Damage Management Board for research or study are exempt from this provision.

Wyoming Regulation Chapter 10, §5 states that before any one imports, possesses, confines or transports any exotic animal or wildlife within the State of Wyoming, they must have a permit issued from the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission.

Animals that do not require a permit: aviary and caged birds, chickens, emus, greylag geese, guinea fowl, domesticated mallard ducks, domestic muscovy ducks, ostriches, pigeons, rheas, swan geese, domestic turkeys, English sparrows, starlings, alpacas, donkeys, burros, asses, bison, camels, domestic cats, domestic cattle, chinchillas, domestic dogs, ferrets, gerbils, domestic goats, guinea pigs, hamsters and domestic horses. Also included in this list are llamas, domestic mice, mules, hinnys, domestic European rabbits, domestic rats, domestic sheep, domestic hogs, vicuna and domestic yak.

Can be imported without permit but not set free: amphibians except the Manitoba toad, which is banned, hawks, falcons, game birds, all crustaceans and mollusks except for rusty crayfish, New Zealand mudsnail and the zebra mussel, all which are banned. Also included on this list are fish that are to be imported, transported and possessed to private owners, bait dealers, private fishing preserves and hatcheries, goldfish, marine fish and tropical fish, while all reptiles are included and also require a veterinarian inspection certificate.

Wolves, wolf hybrid as well as wolf/dog hybrids can be possessed in Wyoming without a permit as long as they were captured within the State of Wyoming, however, these particular animals cannot be imported into the state nor may they be sold.

Animals that can not be imported: antelope, bighorn sheep, deer, elk, moose, mountain goats, bears, mountain lions as well as members of the Suidae family with the exception of domestic swine, members of the tyassuidae family which are javalinas, members of the alcelaphinae subfamily which is the group that includes wildbeasts and members of the caprinae subfamily with the exception of domestic sheep and goats.

I decided to ask how hard it would be to move to the state with a Tamandua and also asked if exotic foxes could be brought in. It seems fairly complicated but possible to bring in the tamandua but not impossible. However I would need to buy land to build the cage before I could get a permit, which isn't practice for moving, in case I was denied for some reason. Sounds reasonable enough for a resident wanting a small exotic however.

No exotic foxes though.

June 29, 2012

Response provided via email to:

Dear Angela,

This letter is in response to your email inquiry sent to Wyoming Game and Fish Department (Department) Director Scott Talbott on June 25, 2012 concerning the legality of bringing a Tamandua anteater and exotic foxes into Wyoming. Wyoming Game and Fish Commission Chapter 10 Regulation governs the importation and possession of live wildlife in Wyoming.

The anteater can be imported or possessed in Wyoming with a Chapter 10 permit. In addition to the permit you will be required to build a suitable pen to house the anteater prior to importation. The Chapter 10 regulation and permit application can be downloaded from the Department’s web site at http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/Departments ... ov2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/hunting-1000145.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The completed application and a certificate of veterinary inspection should be submitted to the district game warden responsible for the area where you will be living and possessing the anteater. Once the application has been approved and you have received the permit, the anteater may be imported and possessed in Wyoming.

The two exotic foxes, fennec and corsac, you mentioned cannot be imported into Wyoming. These foxes pose a threat to Wyoming’s native foxes in the form of possible hybridization, competition, disease or parasitism.

If you have additional questions, please contact me at carol.havlik@wyo.gov or 307-233-6413.


Carol Havlik
Permitting Officer


cc: Scott Talbott, Director
Scott Edberg, Assistant Chief, Wildlife Division
Mike Choma, Statewide Law Enforcement Supervisor

Return to “STATE LAWS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest