PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

North Carolina

For a list of state regulations. Always contact your state department to verify legality! We do not make claims to this list being accurate though we strive for it to be. Changes in laws happen more frequently than we can keep up with and your regulators may interpret the law differently than we did.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10504
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

North Carolina

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 am

Search the state codes here: http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac.asp

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Licensing/Reg ... ction.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Permit needed for Vulpes Vulpes
15A NCAC 10H .1101
Application for a license to propagate any species of furbearing animal or red foxes (Vulpes vulpes, including all color phases) for use as fur shall be made to the Wildlife Resources Commission on a form which is available from the Commission upon request. All pertinent information required on the application form shall be filled in to include the nature and name of the applying entity, mailing address, telephone number, species of animal to be propagated, and physical location of the propagation facility. The application must be accompanied by the annual license fee in the amount of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) and mailed or otherwise delivered to the Wildlife Resources Commission, 512 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27611.

http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.1101.pdf

Import of fox allowed if USDA licensed for exhibition
02 NCAC 52B .0212
(a) A person shall obtain a permit from the State Veterinarian before importing any of the following animals into this State:
(5)Bobcat (includes Lynx and other North and South American felines as cougars, jaguars, etc.);
(8)Brushtail Possum (Trichosurus vulpecula).
(b) Permits for the importation into this State of any of the animals listed in Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall be issued only if the animal(s) will be used in a research institute, or for exhibition by a USDA licensed exhibitor, or organized entertainment as in zoos or circuses.
(c) Camelids, bison, and other bovidae other than domestic cattle may be imported into the State if accompanied by an official health certificate issued by a licensed, accredited veterinarian, as defined in 02 NCAC 52B .0401, which states that:
(1)all animals six months of age or older have tested negative for brucellosis within 30 days prior to importation; and
(2)all animals six months of age or older have tested negative for tuberculosis within 60 days prior to importation; and
(3)the herd of origin has had no brucellosis or tuberculosis diagnosed within the past 12 months.
The requirements of this Paragraph shall not apply to llamas, vicunas, alpacas, and guanacos from other states that are tuberculosis Accredited
-Free and brucellosis Certified-Free, when accompanied by an official health certificate.
(d) Any species or hybrid of a mammal not otherwise covered in the Administrative Code that is found to exist in the wild or naturally occurs in the wild must be accompanied by a valid certificate of veterinary inspection

http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.0212.pdf

Gray fox prohibited http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.0102.pdf

Caging requirments http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.1104.pdf

Minimum standards, caging and care http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.0302.pdf

Permits given for rescued wildlife
Injured, Crippled or Orphaned Wildlife. When an individual has taken possession of an injured, crippled or orphaned wild animal or wild bird, that individual shall contact the Commission within 24 hours of taking possession in order to apply for a captivity permit, provided, however, that under no circumstances shall an individual take possession of an injured, crippled or orphaned wild turkey, black bear, deer, elk or any other member of the family Cervidae except as described in Subparagraph (3) of this Paragraph

http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/tit ... 0.0301.pdf
Exotic Wildlife: It is unlawful to import, transport, export, purchase, possess, or sell any species of Tongueless or African Clawed Frog (Xenopus spp.), or to stock them in the public or private waters or lands of North Carolina. (Exceptions may be made in certain situations for qualified research institutions). See Possession and Collection of Nongame Wildlife for more information.

Unlawful to possess any live individuals of piranha, “walking" catfish (clarias batrachus), snakehead fish (from the family channidae, formerly ophiocephalidae), black carp (mylopharyngodon piceus) or white amur or "grass carp" (ctenopharyngodon idellus), or to stock any of them in the public or private waters of North Carolina. (see 15a ncac 10c .0211 for more information)

Return to “STATE LAWS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest