PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662


For a list of state regulations. Always contact your state department to verify legality! We do not make claims to this list being accurate though we strive for it to be. Changes in laws happen more frequently than we can keep up with and your regulators may interpret the law differently than we did.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10504
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 am

Summary of Law: No person may possess or breed a dangerous regulated animal as a "pet." Dangerous regulated animals include the following: lion, tiger, leopard, jaguar, cheetah, mountain lion, hybrid of a large cat, bear, or venomous snake. Persons who are licensed by the United States Department of Agriculture and hold an Animal Welfare Act license are exempt as well as zoos accredited by the American Zoo and Aquarium Association, a wildlife sanctuary, research facility, etc.
Citation: KAN. STAT. ANN §32-1301-32-1312

Kansas Administrative Regulation 115-20-3 states that exotic animals can be legally possessed, sold, imported, bought or sold in the state of Kansas as long as the exotic animal in was legally purchased, raised, captured or exported. This regulation also continues on to state that there is no limit to the number or time that one may possess exotic animals. Exotic animals must be under control and confined at all times and are to never be released into the wild. This regulation also defines exotic animals as those animals that are not native or indigenous to the State of Kansas or are non-migratory.

Kansas Administrative Regulation 115-20-4 states that anyone possessing an exotic animal in Kansas must get a permit if the exotic animal is a mountain lion, wolf, black bear or grizzly bear. Anyone can apply for a permit to posses one of these exotic animals as long as they provide their name, address, telephone number, the species of the exotic animal, the number of exotic animals that they will possess, the reason they are possessing them, proof of their purchase and any other information that the secretary may request. Also included in this regulation is the stipulation that a report must be submitted to the governing department which would describe any change in the exotic animal's possession within five days of the said change, with the exception of an escape which must be reported within 24 hours. These changes include a sale of possessed exotic animals, a purchase of an exotic animal, a death of an exotic animal or an escape of an exotic animal.

http://www.kansas.gov/kahd/laws" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rabies control in wildlife mammals.
(a) The possession or sale of skunks, raccoons, foxes and coyotes for keeping of these mammals as pets
shall be prohibited.
http://www.kdheks.gov/epi/download/KAR_28.1.14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “STATE LAWS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest