PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Sled Dogs :)

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

hearingdamage

Sled Dogs :)

Postby hearingdamage » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:35 am

I found two dog breeds that are well-suited to my personality. What would you say about getting a Husky and a Samoyed pup at the same time? And yes, I'm an experienced dog owner.
I plan on owning a Maine Coon and (maybe) a red fox alongwith the dogs. I also want two sugar gliders (maybe?).
What's your opinion?
Without the dark, you'd never see the stars
Onyx

Re: Sled Dogs :)

Postby Onyx » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:47 pm

It's usually best to get one dog at a time so you can put all your focus on raising the one, but if you feel like you can handle two then you can go for it. My sister raised two pups at once (though I don't think she did the best job). Huskies and samoyeds are typically very dog-friendly, so if you get one dog and then the other later on, they will likely be fine especially if you put a lot of work into socializing them (as you should with any dog).

As for the sugar gliders, I'd keep them away from other pets. I've heard they are very sensitive animals. I've seen a recent post on another site about the passing of someone's gliders. Both just started acting extremely ill out of the blue (like seizures), and passed a few hours later, and the owner suspects its because of a bamboo stick they added moments beforehand. So that may give you an idea of how sensitive they can be. Dogs and cats produce gram-negative bacteria in their saliva, and I know that it is toxic to birds and reptiles (it weakens their immune system). I don't know too much about gliders but I have no reason to think it wouldn't affect them in a similar way.
    Owner of a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats.

Dream Pets: Caracal, rusty-spotted genet, gray smooth hound shark, black tree
    monitor, dragon moray, doberman, Yakut laika, and Brazilian black tarantula.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sled Dogs :)

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Even if the pups are not related getting two at once runs the risk of sibling syndrome. https://blog.betternaturedogtraining.co ... -syndrome/

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”