NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Beaker

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

Re: Beaker

Postby Juska » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 pm

I used to have one of those huge wolf stuffed animals. My ex took it when he abruptly moved out.

I read Pua's status that he decided to make a snack out of one of Aurora's shed claws :lol:
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 am

Anteaters shed their claws? Is it like a whole claw and then are they missing one?

Beaker is so cute! He really seems like such a sweet guy. I've always thought poorly of chihuahuas because they always seemed like one-person dogs, but it's nice to know that he is so friendly with everyone! I'm so glad he's with you and your family. You should get a video of him sometime with him and the anteaters. :) That would be so cute to see!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:30 am

That was a crummy move, Juska. Beaker loves the wolf a bit too much. He's defiled it's legs.

Well I got a photo of him harassing Aurora
Beaker being nosy W/Aurora by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Funny someone else thought that when I mentioned it on FB today. No it's not like dear antlers as they thought. They shed their claws in the same way cat's shed theirs. Most people just never notice that their cats shed their claws but they do. The claw grows around a point of bone in layers so when it gets to long and dull it gets pulled off like a sheath when they are clawing at things. The newly exposed claw is then nice and sharp. Only this time it looks like maybe Aurora twisted it off somehow instead of pulled and it doesn't have the nice sharp point.

Here's an example of a shed claw
Tamandua claw shed by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
And demonstration photos with a whole claw
How tamandua claws shed by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
How tamandua claws shed by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

This is the claw removed and next to the bone to show how it grows
Claw and claw bone by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Cool! That looks really neat. So you keep all of their shed claws? They're probably much easier to find than cat claws, since cat claws are so teensy.

They look wicked sharp though; though, you have said they mostly pinch with their claws. I'll bet if you had just posted a photo and asked people what they thought it was, they would have said it was a bear claw or tiger claw.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Yeah I don't find as many as you'd think though. They often shed the little claws while climbing around and the big ones can get lost in the wood bits when they claw the logs. One time I found one sticking out of the top of their logs though and sometimes they shed them in the crate grate when going to the vet. I used to just trim or file Pua's claws all the time so never used to get any sheds but they didn't grow right then as they lost all taper and were the same width all the way out. Was a little safer but looked stupid. I can still file the tips a little bit duller if needed but it's not a been a big deal. If I ever get a new boy though I'll probably have to file his till he learns to play gentle.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 am

Got a new camera. So here's some of the first test shots on Beaker.

Beaker being cool by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Beaker being a camera hog by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Let me groom you Hyzzie by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Side by side by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
They were laying side by side but I caught Beaker mid bolt. He doesn't stay still for long.

Beaker posing by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
---
Mary

Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 am

Aww. He's such a handsome boy.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 am

Thank you.
---
Mary

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm

He's really cute! I like the first pic where he is posing "cool." :)
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Been awhile. Here's Beaker with his new CareBear toy.
Beaker and his new Care Bear by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Beaker and Hyzzie by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Beaker is sleepy by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Beakers and his chew by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
PS that toy is Hyzzies and is stained. I've washed it a lot and still looks like that.

Sleepy Beaker by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Aurora and Beaker by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
---
Mary

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:03 am

Aw, so cute. I love the one where he has his toy--the look on his face, ha. He's just daring you to take it!

Aurora looks so white. I always thought Pua was the whiter of the two.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:40 am

Thank you.

Pua used to be the whiter of the two. It's weird. Aurora used to be kind of brown when I got her now she's the lighter one sort of a silvery platinum blond.
---
Mary

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Beaker showing off his goods
Beaker by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

He loves to sleep on his back like that.
---
Mary

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:06 am

beaker is so so adorable. I love his big brown eyes. he looks like he is full of personality.

he almost looks like Lucy (my lemon beagle) except beaker has the tall ears.
with beaker on his back, looks like lucy, she does the same thing, except Lucy don't have the "goodies" to show off like Beaker :lol:

I too thought aurora was pua. amazing how aurora's color lightened up. both pua and aurora are beautiful.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Belated thanks for your comments Pat.

I'm wondering if Beaker may be a candidate for using a dog whistle on. He has one flaw where he will stop walking and even lay down if scared or if he sees a dog or child because he wants to play with him but squeaking a squeaker gets him running along again and he forgets all else.

ImageBeaker by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageBeaker rolls by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageInteresting tree by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageWhen she dropped it Beaker snatched it up by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
---
Mary

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”