Haha, that cooling jacket looks like metal armor. :P
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hyzzie

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:08 pm

It does look a lot like chainmail.

---
Stupid girl decided to eat some cat poop on her walk awhile ago and now she's pooping out intestinal gremlins so panacur started today. The dogs don't get DE in their food like the anteaters because I don't know how to get Hyzzie to take it. She's too picky.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Today's cooling jacket comment "I like your dog, she's wearing a cape"

Super Hyzzie: super powers include keeping her cool when the heat is on, being snarky and sock protection.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:53 pm

ImageHyzzie using her bed by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageSleepy Hyzzie by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

She was napping peacefully
ImageHyzzie sun bathing by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Till Aurora came out.
ImageYeah you disturbed my nap by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

ImageHyzzie found a better spot by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat May 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Hyzzie spent the day at the vet. I spent the whole day with her so she wasn't to stressed and mostly dozed with me in her bed.

She upchucked the bit of sausage she had Thursday night and was tired and week Friday but thought she'd bounce back as she has before as she's had colitis and pancreatitis on and off her whole life.Gave her sub-q fluids that helped some but she threw up again last night by this morning she was very bad and jaundiced but had drank some and kept that down.

The vet is treating her as if it's lepto since the symptoms fit, though the odds of catching it are low in her case. White cells super high, bun really high, kidney values high but not tons over what they have been and a wee bit anemic. So leaves decent odds it's an infection even if not lepto. There is also always the chance of a tumor and she is going to arrange or an ultrasound with the professional Monday though we hope that's not the case. But she's 16.5 now so if it comes to that guess I'm as ready as I can be, which of course isn't really.

She's got IV fluids and IV antibiotics to continue at home to see her through the weekend. An appetite stimulant to see if it can get her interested in food and if she throws up again we have cerenia to help settle her stomach.
She doesn't seem to be in pain just super tired and sleepy and week.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Sorry to hear Hyzzie isn't well and wish the best for her and you.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat May 21, 2016 8:13 pm

I am so sorry to hear Hyzzie is sick icon-sad hope she gets better.
keep us updated..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am

mary,
how is Hyzzie today? any improvement? I feel bad for you to have to go through this, I know how you feel. it is hard when our kids are sick and especially not knowing what to expect. icon-sad

we are all here for you, you know that.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 22, 2016 2:18 pm

A wee bit. She got up and drank some and kept it down. A little more alert. Toddled around a bit and went out to pee. She was a lot less yellow at bed time but a bit more this morning after a night off the line, vet sad we could take her off at night but still less yellow than she was before. But mostly about the same.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Hyzzie was antsy and her bag had to be changed so capped off her catheter port and let her toddle about a bit. She was grateful for her moment of normalcy and the chance to nap with my socks.

Oh and she ate one little piece of pork rib meat from my dinner.

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 22, 2016 10:40 pm

sounds like she is making some improvement. thats a good thing.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun May 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Poor old gal. :( Hope she gets better. You take such great care of your animals, I know she will receive the best help possible.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 24, 2016 2:07 pm

She'll get her ultrasound later today and her blood test and urine results.

Beaker was going nuts last night after dinner so I unplugged Hyzzie and took him for a short walk/run. While I was gone Hyzzie woke and was howling at the door loud enough Dad heard her and he let her out. She was waiting at the front door so he took her for a walk to the driveway and back then she went out the back door wanting to wait at the gate for me so he lead her back in.

When we got back Beaker was zooming around the living room and Hyzzie got excited and did a couple play bow pounces but was left confused by his speeding all over the place.

I woke up to her whining so jumped out of bed but she just looked up at me like "What?" So one of us was dreaming but I let her out to pee anyway and got up. Much more steady on her feet today. She was disappointed when she got plugged back in. She's tired of my hovering over her. But that way she's not stuck caged. I just follow along as her living IV pole.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 24, 2016 9:22 pm

The ultrasound was very stressful for Hyzzie. Lots of whining and crying and screaming and fighting and freaking out. On one side of the coin kind of a good thing. She didn't have much fight in her when we first brought her in Saturday. My being there helped some. She's just so over these people doing stuff to her when she already feels bad.

Her Iv Cath got plugged and Hyzzie was having no more of their poking and prodding and the vein in her other arm was hiding so they pumped some fluids in sub-q but she did get her Antibiotic IV before her port gave up. She will get her Antibiotic and fluids at home now sub-q but fluid wise is good for the night so can be left in peace.

She stood for much of the ride home because she hates riding in the car especially when there are turns, which is also an improvement from sleeping the whole time.

The ultrasound is being sent off to the lab for analysis so one more day actually. If the results don't come back as cancer we can continue on with supportive care at home long as she is comfortable. So far she is getting a bit better each day, but still yellow.

OH, forgot she ate several tiny bites of KFC tonight. Not the ideal diet plan but at this point that's pretty awesome.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue May 24, 2016 11:49 pm

I'm glad to hear she's making progress for the better. Do you know when the results will be back?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”