PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Favorite Breeds

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Alynn

Re: Favorite Breeds

Postby Alynn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:39 am

Well, I found out about Silken Windhounds on this board and saw them in person at the UKC premiere. They're just amazing dogs and I would like to have one when I'm older. I've heard they're sensitive though, so I'm not entirely sure if they would be a great fit. Regardless, I'd love a white one or one of the paler colorations.

Besides Silken, any sort of sighthound I love. My screen name in some places is a play off of the word 'sighthound'. I think they're really magical looking dogs.

Irish Wolfhounds are a major and long-time love of mine, though I've never actually gotten to see one in person yet.

After that, Alaskan Klee Kais have always captured my attention. Any color would do for me, but I like the way the red ones look.

English Setters, just because my dog Samantha, who was my first dog that stuck with me, is half English Setter.

Her daddy was a Mountain Cur, and she definitely has that face, too.

That's about it for breeds I outright prefer, I have a ton that I really do like but these have to be my favorites.
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:56 am

I love a great many breeds. Aussies being very close to my heart, but much of the breed is too stocky for my taste.

Currently, I have a Rat Terrier...
Image Image
And a Cardigan Welsh Corgi...
Image Image
Everyone asks, "What mix is he!?" None. I paid good money for my show dog!!! Lol. He is pretty much my dream purebred for this point in my life. I'm very happy with the lil' porkchop. His stack needs work, obviously.

Dogs I want in the future...
Really, really interested in a nice working line Border Collie. Preferably a bitch with prick ears and smooth coat though I adorable moderate rough coats.
Image Image
I am also considering a over standard Sheltie bitch or well bred Kelpie bitch.
Image Image

What I should really get next is a Cardi bitch but my heart pulls me so many ways...
It would be nice to establish myself as a Cardi breeder of merit but the show ring isn't really for me. I'm so bad at it! I'm hoping to finish Eren's Championship then move onto other stuff but I may have to hire a handler.

I will probably also foster huskies from the local rescue, should I get the yard with the 6 foot fence I'm dreaming of.
~RabbleFox
Talys

Postby Talys » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:31 pm

OMG. When did you get the beautiful Cardi?! (Eren I'm assuming) They're not at the top, but Corgis (both types) will always have a special place in my heart. Merlin of course is adorable too. I'd love to meet them someday.
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~
Ulfhednar

Postby Ulfhednar » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:48 am

My favorite breeds are American Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Presa Canario, Deutsche Dogge (Great Dane), Doberman and English bull terrier.

I own the two last ones :)

He is my big whiney baby, he saved my life twice and helped me to walk again. He is my best friend.

She will be a canadian champion like her parents :)
She is 7 months old on theses pictutes
Here is another picture of her since i love her so much!

Sorry for the huge image i don't know how to resize them on the website.
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Talys wrote:OMG. When did you get the beautiful Cardi?! (Eren I'm assuming) They're not at the top, but Corgis (both types) will always have a special place in my heart. Merlin of course is adorable too. I'd love to meet them someday.

He's new! Eren is about 4 months old and I purchased him at 8 weeks from a fantastic local breeder. If anyone is looking into Cardigans, she is awesome!
~RabbleFox
KingObeat

Postby KingObeat » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:53 am

American Pit Bull Terriers are my favorite. I'm also a fan of rottweilers, Boerboels, wolfdogs, and Saint Bernards.
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers
http://usark.org/

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:15 pm

I'm writing a book on all the different breeds of dogs in the world, so I have to say that I like all dog breeds in some way or another. However, I've fallen in love with poodle mixes. Three people in my family are allergic to dogs and cats, and we have both.

Our doodles are so friendly, loyal, energetic, intelligent, and you can cut their hair in the summer and let it grow out in the winter. They are just so amazing. And, at least for our family, they don't cause allergies.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Thai Ridgebacks are cool but super rare in the US still.

I may be falling in love with Chinooks as well.
hecate

Postby hecate » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Scottish Deerhound.

Ian stacked2.jpg

That was Ian, whom I lost at age 11 to fibrosarcoma that developed around his microchip. I will never chip another animal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:41 am

this is a great list of dog breeds. so many different breeds. some I never heard of before. this post is quite interesting.

my favorite are the coonhounds and beagles.

as we know, most large breeds of dogs do not do well in apartments or chained.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:47 am

hecate wrote:Scottish Deerhound.

Ian stacked2.jpg

That was Ian, whom I lost at age 11 to fibrosarcoma that developed around his microchip. I will never chip another animal.

very pretty dog. interesting about the microchip. I have always wondered how safe it is to insert a microchip.
many times, we are just not sure what is good and what could be dangerous. icon-sad
I can remember awhile ago, the vets were big on giving dogs a ton of different shots. lost count on how many the vet claimed they needed.
they finally realized, that was too many. the only ones my dogs get is rabies and distemper.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:12 pm

my father currently has a pair of smooth fox terriers
this is the website of the bitch's breeder
http://robinstownfoxterriers.webs.com/

th exotic keeper in me loves wolfdogs lol, as far as domestic breeds go, mastiffs have been holding my fascination recently.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:57 pm

I've always like german shepherds, but I've really taken an interest in white shepherds. :) Shed too much, so doubt I'd ever get one, but they are BEAUTIFUL!!!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:30 am

Ash wrote:I've always like german shepherds, but I've really taken an interest in white shepherds. :) Shed too much, so doubt I'd ever get one, but they are BEAUTIFUL!!!

i'd like to see white german shepards used to cross into wolfdogs to get white ones :)
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Vizsla They kind of sound like a giant chihuahua in a hound's body. But the energy level is a bit daunting. Chihauhua can just run laps around the house like crazy beasts. Need to actively exercise the Vizsla due to size. I mean also I do walk the chihuahua's a lot but a brisk walk is a fast jog for them due to size also. Have to run or maybe bike with the vizsla.

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”