ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Apollo

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BlueBaby1023

Apollo

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:36 pm

I've been a bit sparse between concern for Darwin's weight loss, the new rats, and something entirely more time consuming. I've been mentioning for a while that we were in the process of adopting a dog from a local rescue. Well, last Saturday we finally got our new dog! He is a 1 year old Great Pyrenees mix, and his name was Olaf at the rescue, but I'm not that big of a Frozen fan and I thought it a bit inappropriate for a Great Pyrenees! So we have decided to rename him Apollo. :lol: He is heartworm positive, but it's such a low positive that the rescue was just treating it with Heartguard like normal. My vet wants to treat him with Doxycycline for 30 days if he is still positive in another six months, just in case some large worms have died and start to decompose.

He's a bit naughty when he wants your attention, because he likes to paw at you or something near you until you pay attention to him. If you ignore him for too long he'll get up to something even more naughty, like trying to eat a cat toy, or hiking on a box, or both... :lol: But, overall, for a young adult pup, he's been pretty well behaved.

When in rescue, he was shaved a bit, so he isn't in his full Great Pyrenees coat. He is surprisingly not slobbery for such a large breed with jowls like his. Pretty much just when he's outside because it's so hot, when he's hungry, or when he's nervous. Which means the floor is dry almost all the time, thank goodness! :lol:

Anyways, here are some pictures of him and the other animals.

Hi there:

Fluffy tail:

What? Did you say something?

Tackling the toys:

Lazy day.

Edit: I forgot to add the funniest of the pictures I have had so far. A few days ago, Apollo figured out that he could fit into Stella's crate. He has his own that is much larger, but he seems to prefer hers sometimes.

Stella took revenge by stealing Bubbles' bed.

Apparently the dogs just like to sleep on things that are too tiny for them... :lol:
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apollo

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Cute! Apollo is very pretty. :) I personally really like how his fur looks at this length, but maybe that's just because I like dogs with fur like that. He seems to be really sweet, and that one of him in the wire crate is so cute! He's just stuffing himself in there, lol.

Sounds like he can be a real handful at times, ha.

I really like his face. He just looks friendly. What drew you to him?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

I like it at this length just for shedding purposes, but it's actually detrimental to him to have his fur shaved. The double coat would actually keep him cooler than he currently is when going outside. He is definitely really sweet when he's not being a typical puppy. :)

He is super friendly to people, dogs, cats, pretty much everything... Just a very chill dog. We were drawn to him because of his age and because some of the other male dogs in the rescue were a bit older and had much more serious HW+ issues. He's also super cute, and the older dogs just weren't as puppy-ish cute as he is. We also wanted a young dog so that Stella and him could play if given the chance. That didn't quite go as planned, they like each other but aren't great playmates. :lol:

Another cute moment today, we took them to the local dog park and they got worn out, and crashed.

4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 pm

I still have no idea why my links break after a while, especially the facebook ones. They haven't been deleted. :(

Not much to update on Apollo. He's a good young boy.

Loves to chase his tail. :lol:

https://plus.google.com/101862438565178 ... YLkApMVpxE
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound