PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

do you have a doggy first aid kit ?

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

autumn blitz

do you have a doggy first aid kit ?

Postby autumn blitz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:56 pm

i mean one that is specific to your doggy :) and if so what's in it ?

i carry one that covers a host of injuries.

for sliced pads due to rough surfaces or glass i carry steri wipes (hate getting all muddy) and anitbacterial cream.
i also carry a pocket knife and tweezers for removing thorns and other sharp embedded stuff. i carry a box of 200mg ibuprofen (never give more than 1 tablet per 24 hours) for tackling sprains whilst in the field.
i also carry a mini military field dressing in case jake does what he did a few years ago and stood on a sappling tree that went between his pads and right through his paw.
i also carry a bottle of sterilised water for flushing stuff out of his paws.
and a couple of short bandages in case anything needs splinting not that jake would let me cos he's far too butch for that ;)

might seem like quite a lot of stuff but then again he's a working dog and i need him on top form all the time :)

donna

from what i've been able to establish this kit will cover any raptor that i may get in future too which is a proper result :)
no point blaming the dog cos you tukd up ;)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: do you have a doggy first aid kit ?

Postby Ash » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 pm

I need to get emergency kits together for my animals. That's one thing I've never done, and it sure would be useful. If the power goes out during the winter, the pythons would be doomed. :shock: Totally need to get one together with heat packs and everything too.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 pm

I keep styptic gel, hydrocortisone spray, doggie wipes, witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide (minor cuts and such), tweezers and self-adhering (to itself, not to skin) bandage tape for my dogs. The styptic is the most important thing I suppose. These are all in my home, I don't really take anything along when I take Emo out somewhere with me. But I do keep a "human" first-aid kit in my van.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
autumn blitz

Postby autumn blitz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:00 am

i carry the kit in a small pouch that sits on my belt against my back out of the way but accessable enough i need it :)

red flare do animal kits --- www.redflarekits.com --- this is where i get most of my first aid stuff from :) even though the import taxes are horrendous (they're in canada) :(

i carry a major first aid kit in my car that can cater for near enough anything :)

donna
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Serves you right :icon-wink: Usually it's us canadians having to pay the ridiculous import fees to get stuff from the US
autumn blitz

Postby autumn blitz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:29 pm

LoL ;)

UK VAT is gunna be going up again soon so i don't know if i'll be able to import more stuff from the beautiful country that is Canada (i worked there for 6 months and sometimes wish that i hadn't come back)

donna

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”