PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

New puppy!

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

KaitouCat

New puppy!

Postby KaitouCat » Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 am

Seems my sister decided it would be a good idea to go out and get a puppy saturday night so now we have another canine member of the family. Although it's her dog, she doesn't live at home at the moment but will be moving back in next month or so. Until then I guess responsibility is being pushed onto me but at least it will be some experience with dealing with a baby canine as I'm more accustomed to kittens and cats. Currently we're working on potty training and I'll be picking up some treats and a few more toys for him on the way home from work today and try some training. I only wish that she would have gone with a somewhat larger species than a Pomeranian.
Also she's not decided on a name yet so I'll be calling him chicken nugget until she does.

At least for a pom, he's been relatively quiet so far aside from whimpering when he wants attention. He's really only barked when he's trying to play with one of the other animals.
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New puppy!

Postby pat » Mon May 18, 2015 12:42 pm

what a beautiful puppy. I loved the last picture. so darn cute.

what about the name "Goldie"? looks like it would fit her.

keep us updated.. thank you for sharing..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Mon May 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Actually the puppy is a boy and it seems the name Cubby was picked.
I'm still calling him chicken nugget though~
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon May 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Aw, he's cute! :mrgreen: I like what you're going to be calling him, heehee.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
SugarPaws

Postby SugarPaws » Mon May 25, 2015 2:07 am

Wow! He is very cute! Let me know how the training comes. I love Pomeranians! Even though they are tiny they are very puffy. The last picture of Cubby is super cute. Keep us updated! :)
Elina

Postby Elina » Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Poms are super cute!

You say he is quiet for a Pom but I know a lot of poms and none of them yap. All the poms I know are pretty quiet.

Look on the plus side, potty training a small breed is much nicer then a large breed as larger dogs make bigger "puddles" shall we say and smaller ones eat less so you can feed them a high quality diet for much less then with bigger dogs. Oh and there is my favorite of being able to smuggle them into places ;-) .
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 am

Well so far potty training seems to be going alright but that's only because we lock him up for the night when nobody can watch him and we let him out first thing in the morning. I've also made a bit of a game out of letting him out because he used to stop about half way or on the porch and take a piddle but now he runs right out with the other dog. He still has occasional accidents though when he's loose in the house and sometimes he may use the restroom outside just to come inside and do it again five minutes later which is frustrating but at least it's usually on his emergency pad or in the kitchen instead of on the carpet. Also mother would put food and water in his cage with him or leave food sitting out which I've nagged her enough to stop doing that because that's why accidents happen in the house. You feed them at set times so you know when to let them out.
Training seems to be going a bit well but I've tried not to do it to much as I don't want to be the one spending to much time with him as he will bond with me and not my sister, whom is the actual owner of the dog but so far he's getting the hang of sit and I've also been working on training our sheltie to roll over. I'll try talking to her to see if she can't try training him herself sometime soon as he needs to get this done while he's still young but she claims to be planning on taking him to obedience classes once she moves back in.

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”