OCD Disorders in Dogs

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OCD Disorders in Dogs

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:56 pm

The one store I get it at has it right with the flour along with other grains and seeds but cereal is right across from it in that isle and in other stores the Bob's Red Mill bags are often seen in the cereal section and they have flax in that brand but they have flours and stuff in that brand too so might be in the flour area. Flax could be used for breakfast or baking so could be either area.

But obviously if it's been spotted in the vitamin isle that's a place to look too. One store I used to go too had a "healthy" area but don't remember what they called it had all the vitamin waters, packaged organics and what not in the one area, like the majority of our customers prefer junk food so we'll just hide this over here.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:14 pm

Try the Organic section of your store.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
SugarPaws

Postby SugarPaws » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:I think it's the omega oils in the flax seed since they are good for the brain. I also give her EPA/DHA now(basically refined fish oil) to try and help her brain more since she has other seizure activity now.

That's fascinating information. I'll have to remember that. I'm planning on getting a dog soon and want to try feeding the dog a partly raw diet on occasion to provide variety and things (probably sounds silly but I just worry that they'll get so tired of eating the same thing) but because of that I'm worried about dogs not getting all the necessary ingredients from a raw diet OR a packaged diet. I don't know enough information to know whether different brands of dry food and such contain all the beneficial vitamins, supplements, and minerals. I know fish oil is good to give them. I'll remember flax seed is a great supplement if seizures ever become an issue in the future.

minervasden wrote:Check the vitamin/supplement aisles. Often bags of whole seeds found there. I have never seen whole flax seed in the grocery section here. May vary by store.

Yes I agree. I know my walmart here carries it in the supplement aisle so I would think it would be in a lot of other stores too. It can also be in the baking aisle like everyone else said by the nuts, baking chips, flour, starches and such. Or even in the cereal aisle since most granola incorporate it a lot I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just have all flax seed to put on top of yogurts or something. I know I just repeated information, sorry. Oh, but if you also have a health food store near you like Sprouts or Whole Foods, that is a gold mine for things like flax seed (or at least the ones here are) Best of luck finding it!!!
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:49 am

I guess in order to find it quickly and efficiently in my grocery store, next time I'm there, I'll try asking at the service desk. Of course, locating obscure items in the past by store employees ended up being more time consuming than if I'd just gone searching myself. :wall:

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful suggestions. I guess if all else fails, I can always order it online! :icon-wink:
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”