PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

The ''Pitbull'' law

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Re: The ''Pitbull'' law

Postby caninesrock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Maybe its just the skeptic in me, but I tend to believe the worst in people. Unless I could ever visit the rescue myself and see whether or not the conditions are as bad as said, I'll never know for sure and until then, I'll be a bit wary. I'm not necessarily going to say for it to be shut down, but I'm not going to say that I support that rescue either until I'm able to see the evidence or lack there-of for myself.

Anyways, though, back to the topic at hand, I think laws against pitbulls or any other "dangerous" breed are stupid and unconstitutional. Some of the "dangerous" breeds have been the most gentle, sweetest dogs I have ever met. The only breed of dog that has ever bit me was a Golden Retriever and they're considered the "ultimate family dog", so not usually included on this so-called "dangerous" breeds lists.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:11 am

I was bitten by a Basset Hound as a little kid. I was bugging him while he was trying to sleep...OBVIOUSLY he was vicious and dangerous, let's ban all Basset Hounds!

Ugh.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 am

I don't think any breeds should be banned, but I'm just making a point that the logic is flawed.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:33 pm

I was being sarcastic lol
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:54 pm

I tend to side with the animal owner till I see plenty of proof otherwise. Many/most in these enforcement positions are AR and the laws tend to be AR slanted, then you also have cases of corruption like this where they let tons of abuse and neglect go at the puppy mills but nit pick at the rescues. It's common to see cases now where they "rescue" neglected animals in "terrible" health then are adopting them out days later apparently now in perfect health, and all the photos and video of the bust show apparently healthy and clean animals. There are plenty of real cases too but I want to see some real proof not a couple poops on the floor and some smudges on the door with nothing but clean healthy animals in the provided footage.

Anyway the point was specifically the citation of having an "Aggressive" pit bull, who is actually the exact opposite of aggressive, causing the citation of "incompatible groupings", though her 20yr chi in the same room as puppies now also counts to that one.
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Emo and her mother, her litter-mates and probably her father too, came from a bust that was a hoarding situation, where they removed something like 150 dogs and cats from a house and small amount of land in rural PA. Animals crammed in the house and in little fenced in areas all over the place. That's neglect and abuse. The shelter had told us she was the last one out of a litter of puppies that came from the huge hoarding situation from earlier that year. I saw photos of it in the newspaper and didn't even put the two together until later when my mom found the article.

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”