Rocco Update and Pics

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

EmilyGrace

Rocco Update and Pics

Postby EmilyGrace » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Heya, I introduced my Maltese-Poodle Rocco more than a year ago here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12496 Time for an update and pics!

A lot has happened in our relationship since then. We've been through 3 series of PetCo Obedience programs, and he is smart as a whip when it comes to tricks. He is now 100% on potty training and has calmed down overall as he's gotten older.

He's still my little shadow (and no one else's!). We go for 45 minute walks everyday, and often go to my parent's house for play dates with their French Bulldog Tula, who is the only dog to yet get along well with him.

It's been hard for me to come to terms with the fact that taking him out with dogs other than Tula or to gatherings with friends will never be an option because of his nipping issues. Being Rocco's mom has been very eye opening, and I hope to do well by him even when it's difficult.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ana

Re: Rocco Update and Pics

Postby Ana » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:19 am

He is absolutely gorgeous. I so admire and respect your persistence and tenacity with the obedience work. In our disposable society, "problem" animals are abandoned by the tens of thousands. It's similar when you have a coon, where you can't go to the dog park, and its hard to find playmates and safe friends. You're an excellent mom. ♡♡♡
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 am

Glad you got him back at the beech. Hyzzie almost ran off a cliff once to run after a squirrel she saw. It was at eye height for her but was actually way up in a tree off the cliff.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:13 am

you did an excellent job with Rocco. He looks so happy and very well taken care of, and of course very happy.

thank you for the update
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
EmilyGrace

Postby EmilyGrace » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Thank you everyone!

Yeah, the beach was a close call but I definitely learned the lesson (once he's off leash, there's no getting him back). Our backyard fence isn't secure so we even have to take him out to potty on the leash.

Another thing is that he's so cute, that people (little kids especially) really want to pet him which is a nono. I'm glad that he's small enough I can pick him up quickly in those instances.
EmilyGrace

Postby EmilyGrace » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Crunching leaves at Mt. Tabor Park today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:49 am

Emily,

thank you for posting another adorable picture of Rocco. he is just so darn cute and very unique.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Rocco is so uniqe looking, wow, I love him! Beautiful dog

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”