ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Post here for food and snack ideas

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post here for food and snack ideas

Postby pat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Nutritional discoveries of what your furry companions like to eat.

Ideas on homemade food, snacks or whatever your dogs like to eat that is nutritional

or just tell us what you feed your dogs

Lets share some info on this subject...
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
ShyVulpine

Food and Snack

Postby ShyVulpine » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:17 am

Well this morning, Liam had shredded cheddar cheese mixed in with his kibble. I also made peanut butter balls this evening for Liam and the birds. I spread out some dry oatmeal on a wax sheet and mixed chunky peanut butter over it and pressed them into balls. It was messy work, but the animals loved them!

I might put some in the bird feeders. :)
Pets : tarantulas (6), Chinese water dragon, border collie/mix and a miniature doberman, 3 blue-and-gold macaws and a ringneck parakeet.
Future Goal : Collecting more tarantulas.
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:40 am

My dogs love normal dog food with a bit of water in it they drink the water first cause it tastes like gravy to them, then they eat the food up :D i think of it as you feed your dog they also can have a snack.. :D
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:07 pm

I was wondering if you could tell me the recipe for the peanut butter balls?
malane3

cheesy dog treats

Postby malane3 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:43 pm

One of my favorite treats to make for my dogs is an oven baked cheddar treat. Take flour, mix it with some egg and water to make a dough. Mix into the dough some tiny kibble (mine like Purina Puppy Chow), along with anything else you might like (a little meat juice or grease, bacon crumbs, whatever they like) and either pour it into muffin tins (for large dogs) or roll it out and cut shapes with cookie cutters. I personally use a small cat shaped cookie cutter for my male iggie, an angel for my female, then take the leftover dough mix and make muffins for my golden retriever mix. For crunchy treats, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top before placing into oven. For chewier treats, sprinkle cheese on halfway through cooking time. In preheated oven (temperature depends on the thickness of you treats, thicker treats use lower temperature and cook longer to avoid burning, thinner treats, slightly higher temperature, shorter cook time) place the treats on center rack and bake until lightly browned. Cool before serving and refrigerate unused treats. They love them. :)
FOXman

Abraham Likes:

Postby FOXman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Steak soaked in warm milk. You bake the steak. Then you soak it in warm milk for 30 minutes. He absolutly LOVES it! :monkey
When I see my future foxie for the first time, I'll know that it was worth the wait.
JennMcNeal23

Re: Post here for food and snack ideas

Postby JennMcNeal23 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Just browsing this thread & I'm shocked to see that a lot of you feed your pets "human" food. I know that some types of food are okay for animals but, others can be potentially very dangerous. Some people have a problem with their dogs being "picky" but, my dogs aren't like that. I have two dogs - one is a cocker spaniel and he got into a bag of candy corn once. He had no problems! So, I never know what to give them and what not to give them. I looked for a comprehensive article about what foods are good and which aren't, and I found this one: Why ‘People Food’ is Not Usually a Substitute for Dog Food? I think it looks good but, does anyone have anything to add?
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm

My small dog precious loved Carrots and peanut
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!
amyers

Postby amyers » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:41 pm

@ HennMcNeal, this is a treats thread. No one here feeds this stuff as a main diet.

@ Foxyjadda. My dogs LOVE carrots. We use baby carrots as training treats sometimes because they like them so much.

On another note, we buy cheaper dog food that can be used as "treats". We have a can of puppy kibble we dig out of and give them sometimes.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Cool I thought my dog was just weird she didnt like chicken but will die for a carrot and she could fit it in her mouth so she look as if she was smoking a carrot.Ah I should got a pic when I had her... oh well im going to my cousin hopefully this month I must bring my camrea and carrots!
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!
imzunicorn

Postby imzunicorn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 am

I use dog food as treats too. Like dog food high in sugar or that is really soft. Kibbles and Bits is one I use and the other, I forget the name of, but I remember they called it meaty dinner rolls or something. Walmart occasionally has it, but since I don't see it that often I don't remember what it's called.

Pillow doesn't like eating his food much and I also have to hand feed him. So I'll trick him by mixing his kibble with crunchy treats like peanuts, stale dog treats, carrots, apples and banana chips. He'll get like 3 or 4 pieces of kibble, then a treat. It's gotten him from just running away during his meal time. And I refuse to feed my dogs anything wet or mushy since they're small they're prone to bad teeth. Pillow especially and I've been needing to get them cleaned.

Occasionally, I'll give them raw chicken legs. Raw bones are supposed to help with their teeth too. Although, Bubbles I don't think likes the raw meat of it. Daisy, the cat, will usually eat the meat off of her's and Bubbles eats the bone.

My all time favourite treat to give them is a dab of peanut butter on their nose. It's so funny to watch them lick it off.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Hyzzie hates peanut butter so doing something like that to her would be mean. Quasi likes it though as he will lick it willingly off a spoon.
Purple Cat

Postby Purple Cat » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:06 pm

One of my dogs Favorite treat are these chicken dog treats that i stubbing upon on day online.they are pretty easy to make and she just gobbles them up. just some flour, milk powder, chicken and carrots. But now she is really picky about treats so and she will only eat those and cat treats XD
I am on on warriorcatsrpg username N I N E ♋ F O X ... :3
Ciaobella

Postby Ciaobella » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 am

Here's a link I have alwayed loved on raw feeding dogs:
http://www.rawfeddogs.net/

Also a link on reviews for a lot of kibble brands:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 am

imzunicorn wrote:I use dog food as treats too. Like dog food high in sugar or that is really soft. Kibbles and Bits is one I use and the other, I forget the name of, but I remember they called it meaty dinner rolls or something. Walmart occasionally has it, but since I don't see it that often I don't remember what it's called.

I believe you're thinking of "Dinner Rounds"! It comes in a small yellow bag with a Springer Spaniel on it, I think. My dogs love them, we feed them as treats also. Now that I have my dogs spoiled on Simply Nourish, it's the only thing my parents can buy them from WalMart *shudder*. They used to eat Kibbles and Bits until I came home and forbade them to ever feed them that junk again!

My dogs usually get small helpings of whatever we're eating, such as roast beef, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, ham, and all that other good stuff. Everything in moderation, of course. Emo loves bananas. I recently won a bag a Nutro natural banana treats for dogs from a meeting at work, and she likes those as well (and so does my rat, Scorpio).
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”