Airport Security Dog

All Breed of Dogs

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Airport Security Dog

Postby sueBear » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:00 pm

I was watching a tv program on working dogs, and I was reminded of a funny incident at Tulsa International Airport. I was flying home from OK after visiting family. My flight was an hour or so away so we stepped outside to get some fresh air. I was holding onto my carry on bag and out walks a sniffer dog and his handler, he was taking the dog out potty. The dog and handler were being very proffessional until the dog saw what I had in my bag. He got that excited look my dogs get when they get a new toy. He made a beeline for my bag and clamped onto a leg of the vermont teddy bear sticking out of my bag. He had barely put his teeth into it when the handler realized his dog thought he found a new toy. It was really funny. Worker dogs are really driven for balls or toys... and I guess this one is motivated by teddy bears lol. The handler apoligized and explained that his dog loved stuffed animals.

Postby d.cutrell » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:24 am

Hmmmm, Sue? So what was it that you had inside the bear? lol, just kidding.!! :shock: :D :D :D
Do what it takes to keep them safe, extinction is forever
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:58 am

that is funny.

I am surprised they didn't suspect you of drugs in your teddy bear. :lol:

I often wondered if these dogs ever had any play time, guess they do :lol:

what kind of dog was it?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Postby sueBear » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:44 pm

It was a black lab. The handler made a joke to me that if there was something in there he would have found it. :lol: We had a bit of a chat and he says that the dogs stay on alert even if they are out doing there business. They are trained to not be distracted however, but he couldnt resist my bear! My family was laughing histericaly after this happened though, but I dont blame them it was really funny.

Return to “DOGS (Domestic)”