PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

my beagle?

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: my beagle?

Postby pat » Mon May 27, 2019 12:08 pm

GitaBook

How is Cinnamon? it has been a few weeks since the surgery? I am thinking positive thoughts for you and cinnamon.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Update on Lucy:

she is doing so much better now. she stays outside a lot longer, and even hunts a little.
she is back to normal.

the prednisone was useless. but the new pills work great. geez, I had to tell my vet about this script :roll:

my vet keeps wanting me to come often. guess cause the $$$

the only problem I have now is when Lucy runs out of pills, if he will call in for a refill.the last time I was there, he said her blood work was a lot better. I have a feeling he will want to do blood work again and collect more money.

he had me coming back every week before, then changed it to every 2 weeks since her blood work improving.
I canceled her last appointment. I did call there to ask him about a refill, but, he was off that day.

GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Mon May 27, 2019 10:08 pm

So glad Lucy is doing so well!

Cinnamon is doing amazing! At first I was worried because he was panting, coughing, and, without the pain meds, seemed quite sore, but we think the panting was just his reaction to the steroids (he generally can't take them because they give him panic attacks). They have started to wear off and he doesn't even need pain meds anymore! His stitches are already out. He is happy, playful, jumps on and off furniture, and has even started rolling around on his back again (something he wouldn't do with his tumor).
Going to see the vet in a few weeks to check how the healing is going and see if his panting and anemia have gotten better by then.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed May 29, 2019 12:33 pm

GitaBooks wrote:So glad Lucy is doing so well!

Cinnamon is doing amazing! At first I was worried because he was panting, coughing, and, without the pain meds, seemed quite sore, but we think the panting was just his reaction to the steroids (he generally can't take them because they give him panic attacks). They have started to wear off and he doesn't even need pain meds anymore! His stitches are already out. He is happy, playful, jumps on and off furniture, and has even started rolling around on his back again (something he wouldn't do with his tumor).
Going to see the vet in a few weeks to check how the healing is going and see if his panting and anemia have gotten better by then.

you made my day. I am so happy cinnamon is doing good. why did the vet give him steroids? I would think pain pills would be better.
right now, I can't remember the name of the script, but, it for pain and inflation.
Lucy did not do any good at all with the steroids. the meds she has now is helping. she is just about back to normal. (hunting rabbits or just walking around outside.

GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Thu May 30, 2019 12:20 am

I think the steroids were so he wouldn't react to the stitches, but he did anyways, so they removed them early (they were the kind that dissolve, but they were getting infected). After the ones on his belly were removed he started doing much better.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu May 30, 2019 11:03 am

GitaBooks wrote:I think the steroids were so he wouldn't react to the stitches, but he did anyways, so they removed them early (they were the kind that dissolve, but they were getting infected). After the ones on his belly were removed he started doing much better.

wonder why the stitches caused an infection. my vet uses glue. however, I guess it depends on the type of surgery.
a long time ago, Lucy cut her chest really bad on junk that hubby has laying around outside :roll:
It was horrible to see, a big flap of her chest was hanging down. (I am very whimpy with stuff like that)
I took Lucy to the vet and they stitches her up with a lot of stitches. I guess in that case glue would not have worked well.
I think Lucy was got pain med and steroids. With Ceaser probably the same idea. guess glue would not have worked on Ceaser either.
I am just happy to hear that Ceasar is on the road to recovery.

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”