PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

my dog can't walk, any ideas?

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ana

Re: my dog can't walk, any ideas?

Postby Ana » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:32 pm

That's a relief about Leo, I'll be out that way next week, would love to stop by!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Ana wrote:That's a relief about Leo, I'll be out that way next week, would love to stop by!

sounds good.

I am taking anna and lucy to vets first week in may. anna needs to get the 2nd series of lyme disease shot. then thereafter, I think she will be good for a year, or maybe it is 3 (can't remember)

Now I need to take Sammy (my white cat) to the vets. I think he is sick, he has been in the house laying around a lot, he usually goes outside off and on all day. Geez, all these animals at the vet at the same time is getting expensive.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 pm

pat wrote:Now I need to take Sammy (my white cat) to the vets. I think he is sick, he has been in the house laying around a lot, he usually goes outside off and on all day. Geez, all these animals at the vet at the same time is getting expensive.

Know the feeling spent 1K in just a month's time to start the year off then a bit more after that but *knock wood* no death's this year. I've had to deal with string of deaths before too, not good even if all/most were old.

Is Sammy still grooming himself? Usually a better sign if they are and their coat isn't greasy. Maybe it's just a bug? Kat did that once when she was young and some sub-q and antibiotics and she was fine though we never found out exactly what it was.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Know the feeling spent 1K in just a month's time to start the year off then a bit more after that but *knock wood* no death's this year. I've had to deal with string of deaths before too, not good even if all/most were old
geez, thats a lot for one month. seems our babies cost us more for vet care than people do for doctors. It is hard losing our animals or getting sick at the same time. not to mention the cost.
but, guess thats the price to pay to have our little darlings. they are worth it though.

Is Sammy still grooming himself? Usually a better sign if they are and their coat isn't greasy. Maybe it's just a bug? Kat did that once when she was young and some sub-q and antibiotics and she was fine though we never found out exactly what it was.

he is a little, but not as much as he use to. he seems to have good days and bad days :shrug:
he always wants to sleep on my bed (which he never did before) I am actually allergic to cats :roll: , but, only if they are near my face.
he slept on my pillow and didn't know till later, I wondered why my face broke out with all weird rashes. :roll:

I hope the treatment you mentioned for Kat will work for sammy. I need to get Sammy to the vets soon. gotta dig deeper in my pocket :lol:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ana

Postby Ana » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Has anyone tried any of the pet insurance policies? I researched the one offered by "nationwide" and have never seen so many negative reviews of anything, ever.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah it was a bad run of health luck. Had Beaker in for urine crystals and had Hyzzie's teeth looked at, then Pua got pancreatitis, she looked horrible, thought she was dying. Then Hyzzie got it and being a senior it was bad too and she was so out of it she forgot how to drink. Then Beaker got it but it wasn't as bad. And Beaker needed his urine retested later. So bunch of exams, blood tests and the urine tests, oh and Beaker had an ultrasound to be sure no stones, because he seriously had so many crystals it was like more crystals than urine nearly, and medications.

Oh and Jake and Beaker had to go in for their booster shots after all that.

I had VPI back when they first came out. Got it for my senior dog at the time. It was great. They reimbursed though so you still needed money up front. Got a lot back for everything done to her till she died. BUT then they decided to suck and started to exclude almost everything on my next dog so quit. They all seemed like that last I checked but that was a long time ago. Kind of like Human insurance, pay a bunch for insurance then pay a bunch in vet bills too. Vet insurance seems like more of a con job to me than any real help now. Better off having a vet fund, if you are good at saving, but that can be hard too. Most people find paying an insurance bill easier than keeping money in the bank. But if you can pay yourself instead AND leave it alone then having that vet fund tucked away is better.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:37 pm

I used to be a pet insurance claim processor. Like TG said a savings plan is best. If you can afford it, a savings plus a basic injury insurance policy is good. The insurance plans are a reimbursement as stated so it does take time and of course you pay up front.

Anyone that does get an insurance plan needs to read it. It seems nobody ever reads their plan and knows what is covered. Or understands how insurance works. Also pet health insurance is property insurance like car insurance. It is not like human health insurance which is how most expect it to work. For example, coverage for a covered illness ends when the policy period ends. Unless you have a more expensive policy which allows continuing coverage.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:01 am

I've got a credit credit card for vet use only, and that's always been enough. Now with two coons (maybe 3 soon) and my Stasi turning 8, I'm getting nervous that there'll be more need. I'm good at saving, and will just sock away the monthly premium, which was estimated at 86$ per frigging month!

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”