ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

ISIS

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

ISIS

Postby Ash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:42 pm

Instead of taking over the other thread, I decided to make a new topic about ISIS (International Species Information System).

http://www2.isis.org/Pages/Home.aspx

What all is on the CDs? Is it a lot of bloodwork values (seems that's what is talked about most often), or is there other information? Studies on certain species maybe?

Thanks.

I see you can apply for a membership with ISIS/ZIMS to have access to their entire database. My question is, who wouldn't want to be a member? If you are an educational facility, I don't see why this wouldn't be the goal of many USDA-licensed individuals. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the benefits are, what you have to do in return, if they even accept private individuals--but it just seems a great idea to apply.

It seems ISIS is going over to what they call ZIMS, which is a different way of storing and recording data.

Answering a lot of my own questions, but figured it wouldn't hurt to make another post here. I will probably condense these posts to one post in a few minutes. (and I condensed them to one post now)

http://www2.isis.org/membership/Pages/FAQ.aspx

The above link details what memberships are available. It does not seem like there is a membership available to the private sector. If you were a large, established conservation facility though (like Chasing-tail) it seems likely you would be able to receive a membership. So that's unfortunate, but I guess sort of makes sense.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ISIS

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 01, 2016 12:44 am

Yeah looks like they want you to be more professional than just a single owner of a USDA collection. And it sure would be nice to have access to their future system which would probably have more current info. I had asked a few years back about more current blood info for tamandua than 2002 and they said there wasn't any available.

Well I saw the part about including age and gender and my papers don't have that, so looked like the Cd had more info, but maybe their just species that don't have that while others do. They do have the addition of regular units and US units though. I've sometimes had to convert if the lab used something different from the sheet.

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”